Teenage acne tips
Being a teenager comes with a lot of problems.
The emotional changes which bring out a rebellious side are difficult for both the parent as well as the teenager
However, there is bigger problem. The problem of the imbalance in hormones.
It targets a lot of things but one thing that is truly disturbing is teenage acne.
In this article, we will share the most favourite acne tips and some remedies which will give you your smooth skin back.
Tip #1. Cleanse Thoroughly
- Acne is mostly caused because of a clogged pore and cleansing helps in keeping it clear. Make sure that you use a mild cleanser, twice in a day. Try to stick to an oil-free cleanser.
- It will cleanse the face without adding excess oil.
Tip #2. Scrubbing
- While you might think that acne skin should be kept away from scrubbing, you are wrong. You must scrub to clear the pores.
- However, make sure to use something which is gentle.
- Some of the gentle exfoliators are rice flour, gram flour and salt.
- You must avoid ingredients like apricot or walnut as they are extremely harsh for acne-prone skin.
Tip #3. Hydrate
- You must keep excess oil away but an acne-prone skin need moisture and hydration too.
- Don’t skip this step.
- If you are using a zit cream then your skin must go dry.
- For that, balancing by moisturizing is very important.
- The trick is to choose a moisturizer that suits your skin type.
Tip #4. Acne Product
- Investing in a good acne cream will go a long way.
- No one wants to turn up to school with a breakout when others are walking around with clear skin right?
- When buying an acne cream, look for ingredients such as benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, or lactic acid, which curb bacteria and dry your skin.
Tip #5. Watch Your Makeup Use
We cannot ask a teenager to skip makeup. It helps in boosting morale and building confidence. However, we will recommend reducing your makeup routine to almost half.
Makeup tends to seep into pores and block them. They come with harmful chemicals which if not washed, can worsen the acne situation.
Tip #6. Don’t Touch Your Skin
- Your hands accumulate a lot of dirt throughout the day.
- It is important that you keep them clean and don’t touch your face with it.
- The germs can transfer from your hands onto your face, leading to breakouts.
- Also, don’t ever prick your pimple as the puss in it can ooze out of your skin and cause further breakouts.
Now, we totally get that you wouldn’t want to spend your pocket money buying zit creams.
They are expensive, and most of the time, they don’t even suit your skin type.
Here are some natural remedies to cure acne and get you back to your spotless skin.
For this, you will need:
- 1/4th Tsp Toothpaste and
This one is extremely simple.
- Just take toothpaste on a q-tip and leave it overnight.
- Rinse it off in the morning and finish by using some moisturizer.
- Use this remedy every night until your acne vanishes.
- Toothpaste dries the acne by absorbing moisture from it.
- It works exactly like a zit cream.
- Just be careful about the ingredients that form the cream and stay clear of those which doesn’t suit you.
Apple Cider Vinegar Treatment
To make the apple cider acne fix, you will need:
- 1 part apple cider vinegar and
- 2 part coconut oil
- In a clean glass bowl, mix both the ingredients.
- Using a cotton ball, apply it onto your acne.
- Let it sit for 5-7 minutes.
- Wash off using cold water and pat skin dry.
- Use this treatment 2-3 times in a week for the best result.
Apple cider vinegar dries the acne out and helps in removing them without any discomfort.
Coconut oil contains antibacterial properties which kill the bacteria that causes acne in the first place.
Honey And Cinnamon Paste
To make this paste, you will need:
- 2 tbsp of honey and
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon
- In a bowl, mix both the ingredients to make a paste.
- Apply it on your skin and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse the mask and finish by applying some moisturizer.
- Use this treatment 2-3 times in a week to see your acne disappear.
Honey and cinnamon both contain antioxidant which helps in curing the acne and treating it from the lowest layer.
It also gently exfoliates the skin off dead skin to promote spotless skin.
Green Tea Treatment
To treat your acne using this remedy, you will need:
- 1 cup green tea and
- 1 cotton ball
- Brew some green tea and take it out on a bowl.
- Dip a cotton ball in it, squeeze the excess and apply it on your acne.
- Allow it to dry, don’t rinse.
- Use this remedy 2-3 times in a day.
Green tea contains antioxidants which work towards clearing the acne.
It also hydrates the skin which further contributes to repairing the skin damage.
Acne skin is mostly inflamed and green tea contains anti-inflammatory properties too.
Yoghurt And Honey Treatment
To make this paste you will need:
- 1 tbsp of plain low-fat yoghurt or and
- 1 tbsp of natural, raw, honey
- In a clean bowl, mix yoghurt and honey.
- Dip a Q-tip in this and apply on the acne.
- Let it sit for 10-15 minutes and rinse it off.
- Use a soft towel to dry the area and follow it with an oil-free moisturizer
- Use this remedy 2-3 times in a week for best results.
Yoghurt contains drying properties which help in drying the acne and vanishing it.
Honey contains natural antioxidants which help to keep the bacteria that causes acne, away.
The mask together helps in repairing the acne-prone skin whilst maintaining the moisture.