Turmeric is an essential ingredient in an Indian skin care. When it comes to skin whitening, it is one of the ingredients which is trusted the most amongst others. Turmeric contains skin whitening properties which remove pigmentation and tan away from the skin. It also contains antibacterial properties which kill the bacteria that causes skin damage.
In today’s article, we will be sharing the recipe to skin whitening bath powder using turmeric.
Things you will need to make your turmeric bath powder are:
- 2 tbsp Turmeric
- 1 cup Besan flour
- 1 cup Milk powder
- 1 cup Sandalwood powder and
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- Begin by making a powder of the oatmeal using a mortar and pestle.
- In a glass jar, add turmeric powder, powdered oatmeal, milk powder and besan flour.
- Mix all the ingredients really well.
- Store it in a cool and dry place.
- You can use some of this whenever following a skincare routine.
Turmeric contains skin whitening properties which fade the dark spots while its antibacterial properties kill the bacteria that causes skin damage.
Besan exfoliates the skin and removes impurities off it.
It also helps in removing dead skin cells which makes the skin appear dull and damaged.
Milk powder contains lactic acid which brightens the skin from within.
It also contains healthy fats which moisturize the skin.
Sandalwood powder contains anti-bacterial properties which exfoliate the skin and removes dead skin cells.
It is also known to treat acne and fade acne scars.
Sandalwood powder is also known to reduce ageing signs like wrinkles and fine lines.
Oatmeal helps in scrubbing the impurities and removing it from the pores.
It is also responsible to absorb excess oil which clogs pores, cause acne and make the skin appear dull.
Now that you have the ultimate skin whitening bath powder, here are some ways through which you can use it on your skin.
Choose the one that sounds the most convenient for you.
#1. Turmeric Bath Powder With Honey
- To make this remedy, mix 2 tbsp of the turmeric bath powder with 1 tbsp of honey.
- Apply this mixture on cleansed face and massage in a circular motion for 5 minutes.
- Let it sit for 10-20 minutes and rinse it off using lukewarm water.
- Use this remedy thrice every week for best results.
The mixture of turmeric bath powder and honey will ensure that you get clean and white skin without any side effects.
It will also make sure that your skin remains hydrated and soft.
#2. Turmeric Bath Powder With Milk
- To make this remedy, mix 3 tbsp of the turmeric bath powder with 2 tbsp of milk.
- Make a paste and apply it on your body.
- Massage in a circular motion for 1-2 minutes.
- Let it sit for 15-20 minutes and rinse it off under the shower using lukewarm water.
- Finish by applying a light moisturizer over it.
- Use this remedy twice every week for visible results.
This mask will enhance the effect of skin whitening due to the mixture of turmeric bath powder and milk.
The lactic acid in milk brightens the skin while its healthy fats lock the moisture in.
#3. Turmeric Bath Powder With Rosewater
- To make a mask using rose water, mix 2 tbsp of turmeric bath powder with 3 tbsp of rosewater.
- Make a paste out of it and apply it on your body.
- You can increase the ratio if required.
- Massage in a circular motion for 1-2 minutes and let it sit for 20 minutes till it dries.
- Rinse it off using cold water and pat the skin dry.
- Use this mask twice every week for best results.
The mixture of turmeric bath powder with rose water helps in working as a detox mask.
It hydrates the skin, balances the pH and brightens the skin.