Kewra water, a flavoring agent, is commonly used in cooking.
This naturally scented essence is derived from the extracts of the pandanus flower and also provides wonderful benefits for skin wellbeing.
For Oil Control
- Sandalwood Powder
- Kewra Water
- In a bowl, take 1tbsp of sandalwood powder with 1tsp kewra water for a face mask, you and add more kewra water to create a mask.
- Apply and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off after 20 minutes.
It reduces oil on the face and keeps it free from shine.
Kewra water helps to control the excess sebum secretions, thus a great face pack for oily face.
The goodness of sandalwood helps to regenerate damaged skin cells, promotes the complexion of the skin, and preserves the shine and radiance of the skin.
The strong astringent, antiseptic, antimicrobial, anti-aging, and disinfectant properties of sandalwood protect the skin from harmful bacteria, viruses, and fungal attacks.
Furthermore, the application of sandalwood to the infected areas of the skin promotes healing of wounds, sores, scars, pimples, burns and prevents infections.
Kewra water immediately hydrates dry skin, imbued with hydrating essential oils and plant extracts that bear inherent emollient and moisturizing properties.
This implies that kewra water in skin cells replenishes the dewiness and water content that is lost during cleansing, exfoliating, and exposure to external contaminants.
This provides the face with a pacifying feeling.
To Remove Sun Tan
- Sandalwood Powder
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Lavander Essential Oil
- Kewra Water
- For a tan removal and a fairer complexion, mix 1tsp aloe vera gel, 1 tbsp sandalwood powder, 1tsp Kewra water, and 3 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Apply on the face and leave the mixture for about 15-20 minutes.
- Then wash with some normal water.
Lavender essential oil helps to minimize inflammation and lightens the skin as well.
The decoloration, hyperpigmentation, and dark spots on the skin also fade away with regular use.
Kewra water is naturally endowed with a purifying property due to pollution, weather, and other environmental factors, to get rid of any remaining dust particles on the skin.
With a cotton pad dabbed in a bit of kewra water, gently rubbing your face ensures that any residual dirt is fully removed from the skin surface.
As a Face Toner
- Vitamin c powder
- Kewra water
- Lemon oil
- All you need to do is mix 1 tbsp vitamin c powder, 3 tbsp Kewra water, 10-15 drops of lemon essential oil in a 100ml spray bottle.
- Fill the rest with water and shake well.
- Wet a cotton pad with this toner and apply it to the face after cleansing.
- Use twice daily to have an oil-free face.
It prevents and treats acne.
It can be used as a natural toner.
It helps to shrink the large pores.
Kewra water is an amazing natural toner that opens the pores of the face and enables the deeper layers of the skin to easily absorb nutrient-rich organic ingredients imbued in it, as well as in moisturizers and serums.
Thus, dull and sunken skin is rejuvenated from inside, giving a new and youthful look.
- Kewra water has many special skin benefits, like other floral water (green tea, rose, etc.).
- Kewra water also has strong toning properties, much like rosewater.
- Kewra oil is also widely used as an attar (called ruh kewra).
- Kewra water is a fantastic cleanser and helps to extract accumulated oil and debris from clogged pores and thus prevents acne and pimples.
- It has astringent properties and covers the pores that are open.
- It removes all the dirt from the face effectively when used alone, but if used alone, it does not remove make-up.
- It also helps with oil control and keeps my face fresh and clear of shine.
- Overall, it is a great replacement with good cleaning and toning properties for rosewater.