DIY face serums are a great way to add all the required nutrients to the skin. Today we are sharing the recipe of one such DIY face serum.
This serum will help you make your skin even-toned if you have issues with hyperpigmentation, acne marks, acne scars, even with premature aging age spots.
- 10-15 Almonds
- Sandalwood Powder
- Mulethi/Licorice Powder
- Aloe Vera
- Vitamine E
- Now in a blender, you have to add soaked almonds, ¼ teaspoon sandalwood powder, mulethi powder, and 2 tablespoons of rose water; now, make a very smooth paste
- Once done, you just strain the almond milk out of the mixture. Now this almond milk has the goodness of sandalwood, licorice, and rose water.
- If you want, you can add a few strands of saffron to it.
- Now take a clean bowl, to which we will add 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel, few drops of almond oil, your choice using any other oil of your ch vitamin E capsules, and lastly, the almond milk.
- Here if you want, you can add any essential oil for aroma, but I don’t like it, so I’m skipping on that.
- Once all the ingredients are added, you have to mix it well to get cream-like consistency.
- This will take about 5 minutes of whisking; then, you can transfer this to an airtight container and
- You can store this in the refrigerator for about 10-15 days. We suggest you to make small batches because the fresher it is, the more effective it is going to be.
- Now to apply to take a pea size, use a spoon to scoop out the cream, and just apply it all over your face and neck as you would normally apply any cream, massage it for few minutes, then leave it overnight, in the morning you can just rinse your face with normal water,
We suggest not to use face wash right in the morning because our skin produces essential oils at night, and it’s very important that oil stays on the skin, so just wash the face with lukewarm water, not with any face wash or soap.
You can use this cream in the morning as well.
If you apply this DIY night serum, you’ll see a prominent difference in your skin tone.
Just make sure to apply sunscreen before going out in the sun, and with regular use of this cream, you’ll notice your acne marks will start fading, your face will look even-toned, brighter, and radiant. It will also help you in reducing fine line any signs of premature aging and wrinkles.
Almond oil is an emollient, which in simple terms, means it makes the skin smoother.
Historically, it has been used for psoriasis, eczema, and scarring treatment.
It soothes and rejuvenates the skin and enhances skin tone and complexion.
Regular use of Sandalwood antibacterial powder helps combat acne-causing bacteria, exfoliates the skin, soothes sunburn, prevents sunburn, and even decreases aging signs such as dry skin and wrinkles. The scent of sandalwood also contributes to your mood, becoming all the more friendly instantly.
Licorice Root has various therapeutic properties like Anti- Inflammatory, Anti-Oxidant, Anti-Viral etc. It is a natural body moisturizer and sunscreen. It contains minerals and acids that help to overcome dull and dark skin color and ensures skin lighting. It helps to remove sun tan, minimizes blemishes, makes the skin moisture.