Our skin gets dry and flaky during winters, so it’s always best to use an exfoliating shower scrub to get rid of all the dead skin and get bright skin.
In this post, we are going to share a skincare solution that will help you get bright skin using DIY pineapple scrub.
- One cup pineapple juice
- Half cup creamy yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cardamom powder
- Take a pineapple and use a grater to grate and extract fresh pineapple juice.
- Do not add water at all to extract the juice from pineapple.
- Add half a cup of plain full-fat yogurt to it.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Now add the powdered cardamom and mix it really well.
- Damp your skin slightly and start massaging it on the body, particularly under the arms and back of the neck, on your knees and elbows, etc.
- This scrub cum shower gel will decrease the skin pigmentation and also help to get glowing skin and reduce body odor.
- Massage for good 10-15 minutes and then wash iff off using lukewarm water.
- After the scrub, do not apply any harsh soap because that will take away all the goodness from the skin.
- After taking a bath, dry your skin with a clean towel, and apply body moisturizer.
If you want to keep it natural, you can apply organic coconut oil to moisturize your body after the shower.
- There are antibacterial properties of cardamom.
- It is used for skin allergies specifically.
- And then it fights odor, a very effective cure for body odor and body acne.
- Cardamom has antibacterial properties that help cure breakouts and, by clearing away blemishes, even serves as a skin purifier.
- It helps to give you a complexion that is smoother and evener.
- It also enhances the texture of the skin and can even enhance the complexion of your skin.
- Naturally, pineapples exfoliate the skin making it also look toned.
- This fruit’s nature is acidic, but it is alkalizing.
- Pineapple is very high in vitamin C and is thus, acidic.
- The key skin advantages of pineapple
- It eliminates pores.
- It is anti-inflammatory
- It has enzymes that break down the protein, removing dead skin from the face, and quickly glowing skin can be achieved.
- It is also an acne remedy solution.
- It lightens the skin’s acne and scar pigmentation.
- Any pineapple related skincare needs to be performed using freshly cut pineapple.
- Canned or stored pineapples do not help much to get good results.
- Since pineapple is acidic, it could cause very sensitive skin to become irritated or burned.
- So before fully using it, do a patch test and wait 24 hours.
- You can go ahead if it doesn’t cause any irritation and apply it the next day.
- Curd, often known as Dahi, is a staple of Indian cuisine.
- It’s made to curdle milk by using an edible acidic ingredient, including vinegar or lemon juice.
- Curd has some strong capabilities like Moisturising, reducing dark circles, tightening pores, Minimizing symptoms of untimely aging.
- This not only just the belief, but curd has also been well researched for the claims.
- Lactic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) and is often used in nonprescription acne products.
- Lactic acid and other AHAs are known to help with exfoliation, reduce inflammation, and promote smoother new skin growth.