Large pores on the face is a common skin problem that we all struggle with. Pores are basically openings in the skin, while these pores are very necessary for the normal functioning of skin, enlarged pores are caused by blockages in these skin pores caused by excess oil secretion, makeup and harsh skin care products. Ageing also causes pores on our face to enlarge which do look ugly. Here are some amazingly effective home remedies that can help us to treat large open pores.
- Ice cube is an instant remedy for open pores.
- It will stimulate blood circulation and give you healthier skin.
- Cleanse your face and rub an ice cube twice in a day for about 5-10 seconds.
- This is a toner that tightens the pores.
- Alternatively, you can merely wash your face with ice-cold water.
- For more benefits, fill the ice tray with tomato or lemon juice and freeze it.
- Massage these ice cubes on your face.
Sugar and Olive Oil Scrub
- Take 2 tablespoons of sugar; add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a few drops of lemon juice.
- Mix all the ingredients and gently rub on your face for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Clean it with cool water.
- For better results, use this remedy once in a week.
Egg White Peel-off Mask
- Egg white contains amino acids and other enzymes that rejuvenates the skin and unclog the pores.
- Apply it all over your face and cover up with a tissue paper.
- When the mask completely dries, peel off the paper.
- This is a very effectual peel-off mask for minimizing open pores.
- It cleanses the skin deeply and removes all the impurities and dirt.
- Tomato juice is packed with Vitamins A and C, which possess natural antioxidant and astringent properties.
- Vitamin C works wonders when it comes to reducing clogged pores.
- If you have acne-prone skin, you can mix 1 ½ tablespoon of tomato juice with ½ tablespoon seaweed powder.
- Blend this solution and apply it on your face with a cotton ball.
- Rinse off after 20 minutes.
- Alternatively, you can prepare a face pack by mixing tomato pulp with Multani mitti, sandalwood powder, and a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Apply it on your face and leave for 20 minutes.
- This will help to tighten the open pores.
- Green tea, as we all know, is great for our skin.
- The tannin present in green tea removes toxins and other irritants from your skin and helps tighten your pores.
- You can prepare an organic face pack by mixing 1 tablespoon green tea powder with 3 tablespoons water.
- Allow this mixture to sit for 5 minutes.
- Blend an egg white with 2 teaspoons flour and combine it with the green tea mixture.
- Apply it on clean skin and rinse off with warm water.
- Turmeric is an ancient Indian herb that can help you get rid of most skin problems.
- If you are not sensitive to this herb, then try using this face pack to get a spotless, soft and supple skin.
- To prepare this face mask, take a mixing bowl.
- Add a tablespoon of besan, unsweetened curd, half a tablespoon of turmeric powder and a drop of extra virgin olive oil.
- Mix it well until you achieve a smooth, lump-free face pack with a medium consistency.
- Keep it inside the refrigerator to set.
- Cleanse your face with a mild, organic face wash.
- Pat dry your face with a clean towel.
- Take a generous amount of this face pack on your face pack applicator.
- Apply it evenly all over your face and neck.
- Keep it on for at least half an hour.
- Splash some running tap water on your face to wash it off completely.
- Then follow up with a toner and a moisturizer to complete this skincare regime.
Baking soda gentle
- Baking soda is one of the most effective exfoliants that deeply cleanses the skin pores from deep within to reveal fresh and clear skin.
- Besides that, it is cost-effective and easily available in every household, hence it should be used once in a while even if you have sensitive skin.
- Make your own face pack by adding 2 tablespoons of baking soda in a cup of warm water.
- Mix it well.
- Your gentle exfoliating pore cleanser face pack is ready.
- Apply it to the affected areas with your fingertips or a face pack applicator.
- Then massage with a light hand in short circular strokes in an upward direction.
- After that rinse it off with plain water.
- Follow up with a hydrating face mist and a creamy moisturizer to lock in the nourishment.
- You can use this face mask thrice a week to get the best results.
Almond face pack
- Keep 10 almonds handy.
- Soak them in water overnight.
- In the next morning, peel them off.
- Run through a blender to make a smooth paste.
- Transfer the contents in an empty container.
- Add two teaspoons of freshly extracted lemon juice in it.
- Mix it well to make your own face pack.
- Apply this face pack with the help of a face pack applicator evenly all over your face and neck.
- Keep it on for about 30 minutes at a stretch.
- Then, wash it off with warm water.
- Pat dry your face with a clean towel.
- Apply a toner.
- Follow up with a creamy moisturizer to complete this skincare regime.
Papaya face pack
- It is a hassle-free face pack made out of just two ingredients from your kitchen.
- Take around 4-5 diced ripe papaya slices in a blender.
- Blend it into a smooth paste.
- Transfer the contents in a mixing bowl.
- After that, mix a few drops of honey in it.
- Give it a good stir to ensure that both the ingredients get infused into each other.
- Wipe your face with a cotton petal soaked in micellar water to make sure that your face is squeaky clean before applying this face pack.
- Apply this face pack, let it stay for about 15 minutes and then rinse it off with running tap water.
- You can use this face pack thrice a week to see your pores minimizing.