Today in this post, we will talk about how can you shrink your pores. Pores are genetic and you can’t change their size but yes you can always minimise their appearance.
So, let’s start with Tip#1 – Protect Collagen
Collagen plays an important role in defining the pore structure of your skin. So make sure you prevent collagen loss and use products that can build collagen in your skin.
- If you can build collagen, it will squeeze your pores and will reduce the appearance of your pores.
- Products that can help you in building collagen are retinoids.
- There are many creams available in the market like adapalene, tretinoin, retinol, tazarotene etc. You can use any of these, they will help you build collagen over time.
- Other products, that will help you in building collagen are vitamin C serum and niacinamide serum.
- Make sure these serums also contain hyaluronic acid as one of the key ingredients.
Tip#2 – Decrease oil production from sebaceous glands
If your oil glands produce more oil, it will increase the size of the pore on your face.
Make sure that your sebaceous glands don’t produce excess oil. Your glands produce more oil to protect your skin, so if you are using some harsh products on your skin, glands will produce more oil for protection.
- Use gentle skincare products and also niacinamide is very effective to control oil production from your oil glands.
- You can use 10% Niacinamide serum daily in your morning skincare routine.
- Some natural ingredients like cucumber, clay face masks and green tea face masks are also very effective to remove excess oil from your pores.
Tip#3 – Use Peels To Remove Dead Skin Layer
Peels are very important to remove dead skin cells from your face and they also flatten your upper skin layer, also known as the stratum corneum.
- You can use lactic acid or glycolic acid peel for this purpose.
- There are many chemical peels available on market, just apply a layer of this on your face, leave for 5-10 minutes and then rinse your face.
If you wanna try a natural peel
- Take 2 spoons of curd in a bowl, in this add half tsp of turmeric powder.
- Mix and your lactic acid peel is ready.
- Apply a layer of this all over your face, leave for 15 minutes and then wash your face with plain water.
Apart from all these tips, never forget to put sunscreen on your face. Use sunscreen with SPF 30+ and also with UVA and UVB protection.