Glass skin is a term for exceptionally smooth, even-toned and lustrous skin that’s so flawless it has the appearance of glass. To achieve this you need a very smooth, intensely moisturized skin that gives off an almost transparent complexion. When skin is deeply moisturised, it reflects the light and shines naturally.
In this post, we will share a step-by-step guide on how to achieve clear, glowing, glass-like skin.
Step#1 – Double Cleanse
- Start with cleansing oil or micellar water for your first cleanse, then follow with a gentle foam wash or cream cleanser.
This step will clean your face so that your pores are dirt and oil-free.
Step#2 of this routine is exfoliation
Korean people mostly use glycolic acid or lactic acid-based chemical peel to slough away dead skin cells.
- Apply a layer of this on your face, leave it for 10 minutes and then rinse your face with plain water.
But make sure you don’t overdo it, two to three times weekly is ideal to avoid irritations, especially if you have sensitive skin.
If you don’t have these peels, you can use natural ingredients on your face like yogurt, sugar, milk or sugarcane juice.
- Yogurt, rich in lactic acid
- Sugar, jaggery powder or sugarcane juice, rich in glycolic acid
- Milk is also rich in lactic acid
You can choose any natural ingredient that suits your skin.
The next step of this routine is toner
Traditional toners are often ignored because some find them to be too drying, but in Korean skincare, they take on an entirely different role.
Korean people believe in toner, which provides base hydration and allows better absorption of incoming products.
- First, in a pan take some distilled water.
- Boil this water and dip 2 green tea bags in this.
- Next in this add petal of 2 rose flowers.
- Cover this pan and leave I like that for 30 minutes.
- Transfer this water to a clean spray bottle and put it in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Your toner is ready now. Spray this water all over your face.
Step#4, of this routine, is face serum
Serums contain a higher concentration of multitasking active ingredients.
- For daily use, you can use serum, with moisture-boosting ingredients like hyaluronic acid and ceramides.
- You can also look for vitamin C, it will boost your collagen production, also you can use niacinamide, which will boost the production of new skin cells.
Step#5 of this routine is a moisturiser
The purpose of a moisturiser is to create a layer of protection and lock the hydration into your skin.
- Apply a layer of a good moisturiser on your face. It is always better to use a gel-based moisturiser.