Healthy hair with strong shaft is surely a dream for each one of us as we all struggle with hairfall.
What we don’t realise is that the solution to achieve this dream is already present in our very homes.
In this video, we will share with you, some effective tips and a hair care routine, which will help you treat hair fall.
Top 2 Ways To Prevent Hair Fall
Remedy #1. Hydration
The Serum is the most important hydration for the scalp. However, most people end up skipping this step.
It makes the hair stronger, shinier and healthier.
Now that you know about the importance of it, here is a recipe which you can make at home with 100% natural ingredients.
To make the homemade serum, you will need:
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon dried nettle
- 2 tablespoon aloe vera
- 2 teaspoon jojoba oil
- 5 drops rosemary essential oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 3 drops sandalwood essential oil
- To prepare this serum, fill a vessel with water and add dried nettle in it.
- After it is infused with water, strain and pour it in the glass spray bottle.
- Add in other ingredients and shake well to mix them.
- Spray it onto your roots as well as the length of your hair and massage.
- Allow the serum to soak into the hair, don’t rinse.
Remedy #2 Hair Spa
Just like the skin, your hair and scalp need repairing too.
You must turn towards hair spa for that. It removes dirt, pollutants and contaminants from the follicles. This makes the hair strong, preventing hair fall.
Hair Spa comprises of 3 steps: Oiling, Steam and Hair Mask
STEP-#1 – Oiling
Oiling is the core when it comes to a hair spa. Oiling the hair is the easiest way to add missed out nourishment to your hair
For your homemade oil, you will need:
- 2 Tsp of coconut oil
- 2 Tsp of Castor oil and
- 2 Tsp of Bhringraj oil
- In a clean bowl, add all the ingredients and mix them well.
- Using a double boiler method, heat it to activate it.
- Apply it onto the hair and massage till your scalp absorbs it all.
- Let it stay on your scalp for 1 hour.
- This is the best time to read your favourite magazine.
- Oil your hair twice in a week for best results.
Step #2 – Steam
A lot of times the shaft is so tightly packed with dirt and impurities that oil cannot penetrate through.
Steam helps in opening the follicles and ensuring that the nourishment reaches the lowest layer.
The easiest way is to buy a steam cap. It is less messy and effortless.
If you don’t have the steam cap, you can opt for the traditional method of steaming the hair.
To prepare your steam, you will need:
- 1 bowl of water,
- 4-5 drops of essential oil and
- 1 Towel
- Fill a vessel with water and bring it to a boil.
- After it is steaming hot, take it off the flame and add essential oil.
- Stir and dip a towel in it
- Squeeze to remove excess water and wrap it around your head. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Steam your hair once every week.
Step #3 – Hair Mask
Hair masks conditions the hair and makes the shaft stronger.
This helps in preventing hair fall and promoting healthier hair growth.
To make your homemade mask, you will need:
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey and
- 2 ripe bananas
- To begin the process, blend a banana into a puree.
- Mix it with the other ingredients and apply it onto your scalp and hair.
- Let it dry and rinse it off using lukewarm water.
- Use this mask 1-2 times in a week to make your shaft stronger.
Tips To Prevent Hair Fall
What you eat reflects back from your hair.
Have a diet with proteins, leafy vegetables and healthy oils, this is a must for hair to be healthy.
The first step would be to add spinach, salad greens, basil, milk, eggs into your diet.
Tip #2. Hair Care
The next step after feeding the hair is taking care of it.
You have to make sure that you wash your hair regularly.
Now, it is very important that you understand your scalp type and wash your hair according to that.
Someone with an oily scalp will need more washes as compared to someone with dry scalp.
Tip #3. Products
Just how you need to understand your scalp for washes, you also need to study it to understand what product goes on it.
Someone with oily scalp must stay clear of products that are too strong and will strip the natural oil.
This can cause excess sebum secretion, defeating the purpose of hair wash.
If you have dry scalp, indulge in products that are nourishing.
In either case, opt for products that are either natural or mild.
Tip #4. Oiling
Avoided by a lot, oiling is a step that one should engrave into their lifestyles.
Haircare and diet are not the only things that build a good scalp.
You have to invest time in oiling as well.
It helps in adding additional fatty acid, proteins and minerals which helps in preventing hair fall by strengthening the shaft.
Make sure to oil your hair 2 times in a week for best result. Heat the oil to further improve the experience.
Tip #5. Styling
Don’t we all love styling our hair? And why shouldn’t we?
There is a lot of investment that goes in it to make it appear healthy.
Styling helps in enhancing it further.
However, there are certain things to consider when styling the hair.
When it comes to braids and ponytails, we say, skip the tight ones and opt for one that is easy on your scalp.
Tighter braids can weaken the follicles, leading to hair fall.