No one likes scars on the face, but almost everyone has them. Acne scars are stubborn, and no single treatment is best for everyone. One or a combination of the following approaches might improve the appearance of your skin. It is not possible to remove them but you can reduce their appearance. Try the below-given home remedies to hide these scars on the face.
Onion Juice for scars
Extract onion juice and apply it on scars with help of a cotton ball.
Honey and baking soda for scars
Mix honey with baking soda.
Massage into your face for 3-4 minutes.
Wipe off with a warm washcloth.
Honey is a natural antibiotic, and you can also apply raw honey directly to the scar. Wipe it off after 30 minutes.
Lemon Juice for scars
If you have acne scar, lemon juice is very effective. Lemon juice is a natural exfoliant and scar treatment. It will encourage the turnover of dead skin cells.
Apply the lemon juice to your scar several times a day. Please note that lemon juice will dry your skin so always use a moisturizer
Honey and aspirin for pimple scars
Put the aspirins in a few drops of water till they get dissolved into it and form a paste. Don’t use too much water as you need a gritty texture for exfoliation.
Add honey to this aspirin-water paste and mix
Apply on your scars and leave for 15 minutes.
Now wash it off.
Potato for scars
Take a potato and cut it into round slices.
Take a slice and rub it gently over your face in a circular motion.
Keep doing this until you feel that your slice of potato has gone dry.
Take another slice and do the same.
Repeat this for about 15-20 minutes.
Now leave the face as it is so that the leftover potato juice is absorbed by your skin.
Now wash off.
Apply some moisturizer that suits your skin.
Tomato for scars
Take a ripe red tomato and cut it into pieces.
Crush the pieces to make a pulp of the tomato.
Apply this tomato pulp on your face and leave for 15-20 minutes.
Wash off your face.
Aloe Vera for Scars
Aloe vera can be quite effective in the healing of scars due to its potent anti-inflammatory and skin hydrating properties. Moreover, it helps nourish the skin and help by providing some anti-oxidants to it. To use it, follow the steps given below:
- First of all, cut open a fresh aloe vera leaf and extract the gel from inside it.
- After that, apply the aloe gel on your scars just like you would any other cream.
- Lastly, leave it on your skin for about half an hour before rinsing it off and you are done!
You can follow this remedy a couple of times in a day and soon you will see your scars fading away from your skin. You can also mix a little bit of tea tree oil with the aloe gel for enhancing its effects.
Coconut Oil for Scars
Coconut oil is highly nourishing and moisturizing towards the skin due to the rich presence of healthy fatty acids in it. It actually can help with a whole bunch of skin problems and issues by promoting the skin’s healing and regeneration. Thus, it can also help heal the scars on the skin quicker than they would by themselves.
To use it, just massage a little bit of coconut oil on your scars and leave it be to soak in. Make sure to use minimal quantities though as excessive use of coconut oil can clog up the pores and result in issues like acne and breakouts.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Scars
Apple cider vinegar can also help promote the skin’s healing process as it helps cleanse the skin well by getting rid of impurities like dirt and dead skin cells. Moreover, it makes the skin healthier and eliminates harmful agents on there due to it acidity and its skin’s pH balancing characteristics. To utilize it, peruse the following steps:
- First of all, dilute some ACV with equal or half quantity of water.
- After that, use a cotton ball or swab to apply the solution onto your scars on the skin and then leave it be.
- Lastly, do this overnight and rinse your face or skin in the morning. You are done!
Rosehip Seed Oil for Scars
Rosehip oil is terrific for the skin as it helps treat a whole range of skin issues. It certainly promotes the regeneration and healing capabilities of the skin and it has been linked with accelerated healing of scars from surgery by a study. Thus you can also use it to improve the look of any of your scars too. The steps on how to utilize it are detailed right ahead:
- First of all, take a few drops of rosehip oil and apply it onto your scars using gentle massaging motions.
- Then, massage for a few minutes and then leave the oil on your skin overnight.
- Lastly, rinse your skin the following morning and you are done!
You can perform this remedy every single night before going to bed to quickly heal all of the scars on your skin or face.
Bentonite-kaolin face pack to get rid of scars from the face
- Bentonite clay: 2 teaspoons
- Kaolin clay: 1 teaspoon
- Tender coconut water: 4 tablespoons
- French green clay: 3 teaspoons
- Multani mitti: 2 teaspoons
- Face pack applicator: 1
- Add all the ingredients in a clean container.
- Mix it well until it forms a face pack.
- Make sure that your face is squeaky clean before applying this face mask.
- Take a generous amount of this face mask and apply it evenly all over your face and neck.
- Let it dry out completely.
- Rinse off with cold water.
- Apply a face wash if required.
- Apply a toner and a moisturizer to complete the skincare regime.
- If you have extremely oily or acne prone skin then apply it twice a week and if your skin feels oily all the time then just apply it once a week to get the best results.