Blackheads are often caused by over active sebaceous glands.The blackheads are plugged with sebum and sloughed off cells and undergoes a chemical reaction that results in the oxidation of melanin.The residue formed in the follicle is responsible for providing black colour to the blackheads.one can reduce blackheads with a solid skin care regime and a few simple treatments.
Home Remedies for Blackheads:
1. Cleanse your skin twice daily using an antibacterial cleanser.For best results, choose a cleanser that contains salicylic acid—an effective ingredient for combating blackheads.
2. Use good toner or astringent on your skin, helps to reduce the excess oil that is produced on the skin.
3. Exfoliate. Dead skin cells reside on the surface of your skin, clogging your pores and exacerbating blackheads. If you regularly remove these cells, you’ll experience fewer blackheads and clearer skin. Use a facial scrub to exfoliate your face two to three times weekly.
4. Steam your skin. The steam will penetrate your pores, helping to loosen blackhead-causing bacteria and debris. Wash your face with cool water after your treatment and pat dry with a clean towel.
5. Applying a mixture of lemon juice and honey is one of the most popular home remedies for Blackheads on skin.
6. The application of a mixture of one teaspoon lime juice and one teaspoon cinnamon powder is also beneficial in the natural treatment of Blackheads. Turmeric powder can also be added in this mixture.
7. Simply applying warm honey for about 15 minutes is also one of the most highly beneficial Blackhead removal home remedies. It can also be used as a homemade scrub when used in combination with sugar.
8. Daily apply a fresh mashed tomato on the affected areas in order to heal this problem. This is one of the simplest natural home remedies for Blackheads on nose and face.
9. Application of undiluted lemon juice 2-3 times a day on the affected areas will remove blackheads.
10. Grind some green tea leaves and mix it with a teaspoon of Greek yogurt. Use this scrub to get rid of all blackheads and whiteheads in a few minutes.
11. Use a blackhead remover, after steaming your face, apply light pressure with a stainless steel blackhead remover and you can easily get rid of stubborn blackheads in no time.
12. It is not only important to cleanse your skin, but take adequate measures to prevent blackheads. Wear a scarf or cover your face whenever you step out of the home to protect your skin and prevent the dirt and grime from entering the open pores.
13. Do you know that you are triggering blackheads by using the wrong skin care and makeup? Yes, you read that right, try using non-comedogenic makeup and skin care products to make sure that everything that you apply on your skin does not block the pores and lead to more blackheads.
14. Blackheads, acne, and pimples can also infect your back. It mainly happens due to excessive sweating during the hot, scorching summers. If you suffer from this problem then wear loose clothes and do not spend too much time outdoors. Make sure your body is well hydrated all day long.
15. Baking soda is one of the best natural ingredient found in the home which can be used for a variety of other treatments and remedies too. One of them is the removal of blackheads due to its potent exfoliating properties. Other than that it also improves the health and state of the skin as it has potent anti-bacterial properties. To make a scrub with baking soda just mix 1 part of it with 2 parts water and then use the obtained mask to apply and then massage and scrub the skin gently using tepid water.
16. Cinnamon is another great kitchen ingredient which can be very effective in getting rid of your blackheads for good. It is great because of its two-fold attack on blackheads, first is that it is quite effective in getting rid of blackheads, and its other properties also make it quite effective in preventing their formation in the future too. This is because cinnamon helps improve the circulation of blood under the skin and also acts as a mild astringent to tighten up the pores. Moreover, it has strong and proven anti-bacterial properties to kill off harmful microbes from the skin to prevent such issues as blackheads and acne in the first place. To use it, just make a mask by mixing it with an equal amount of fresh lemon juice. Then, apply the mask onto the face and wash it off after about 15 minutes.
17. Did you know that you can use aspirin as a topical application too and not just to cure your headaches? That is because aspirin has strong anti-inflammatory properties. Other than that, when used as a topical application, it is a great exfoliator as it removes accumulated dead skin cells and impurities like blackheads. Furthermore, it even curbs the risk of any breakouts in the future too. To use it, just make a face mask or exfoliator by crushing the tablets and then mixing the powder with water and a bit of almond oil or lemon juice depending upon the type of your skin. Go for lemon for oily skin and almond for others.
18. You can also make a simple coconut oil and sugar scrub to get rid of your blackheads. We already are aware of the wonders of coconut oil as it is very useful and healthy and can be used in a variety of ways and for everything too. Although, this remedy is less effective for people with oily skin. Just mix some coconut oil with some sugar to make a scrub and then use it as a scrub to exfoliate your skin and get rid of the blackheads for good.
19. Nowadays, a new solution has entered the market for skin care and that is activated charcoal. It is great for the skin that is why many market cosmetic products utilize it. It is a terrific absorber and acts as a magnetic sponge in a way to soak all impurities from the skin and the pores. Hence, it is fantastic for treating the blackheads on your skin and it will surely make your skin smooth and supple. Using it is simple too, just mix some of it with some water and then use that as a scrub on your face for removing the blackheads.