Our skin, which is the largest organ of the body, contains millions of unseen pores that stretch from the face to the legs.
We can’t close them, but by removing excess oil and dirt, when you thoroughly clean your pores, they appear like they’ve shrunk or closed.
Steaming Your Face
Twice a week, give yourself a steamy facial.
You might say that this opens up even more pores and makes you sweat.
The idea is to thoroughly open them up and clean them out by removing all the inside oil, dirt, and grime.
In order to reap the full benefits, you can also add some skin-friendly herbs or essential oils (essential clove oil, essential cinnamon bark oil, etc.) to the steam.
- Wash your face off with a gentle cleanser and cold water after it has been steamed.
- Then, to close the pores and prevent new bacteria from entering, add rose water or any toner of your choosing.
- This will eliminate the discoloration caused by clogged pores and render them less noticeable by minimizing their scale.
Ice Cubes Treatment
This is probably the best and most cost-effective approach that you can ever use to quickly reduce the presence of your pores.
- What you need to do is run an ice cube all over your face and use it for a few minutes to massage your skin.
- Make it, then, to naturally dry.
- Due to its cold temperature, the ice cube behaves like magic in shrinking pores.
- Splash your face with very cold water along the same pattern if your pores seem too large or your face gets oily.
This is a quick and entirely convincing way for pores to be minimized.
Lemon Juice Face Mask
- Only cut the lemon in half, dilute the juice with some water, and use a cotton ball to apply it to your face.
- Keep it on for 10 minutes and then, with lukewarm water, wash off.
Lemon juice has excellent astringent properties, which, by unclogging the pores and shrinking them over time, help tighten the skin.
As well as breaking the chemical bond between the impurities and the skin, the citric acid content of lemon juice loosens and thus clears pores naturally.
Sebum development in the skin is also controlled.
It whitens the skin and also gives it a healthy glow, being a natural source of vitamin C.
Papaya Face Mask
- You should mix a few papaya pieces into a paste and add your face like a face mask.
- Keep it on for 10 minutes and then, with cold water, wash it off.
Not only is Papaya an excellent exfoliator, but it also unclogs the pores and removes blackheads by thoroughly purifying the skin.
The fruit is also recognized for its strong antioxidants that help to tone and tighten the skin.
So, the next time you cut papayas, save your face with a few bits.