In today’s post, we are sharing our all-time favorite anti-acne, anti-age ayurvedic facial.
It’s made up of edible ingredients that are 100% natural.
Turmeric, which in Ayurveda has long been celebrated as a beautifying herb, is the star ingredient.
- First thing first, take away the dirt and grime of the day.
- With water, clean your face.
- Then, gently rub pure, organic curd over your skin using your fingertips.
- The lactic acid in curd destroys bacteria while nourishing the skin with its vitamin content.
- With water, rinse.
Slough away dead skin cells after washing with a natural exfoliant formulated for your skin type.
For pimple-prone skin:
- Slice the juicy little tomato in half.
- Squeeze the juice into a bowl using your hands.
- Mix the tomato juice with 1/2 teaspoon organic granulated sugar.
For dry or normal skin:
- Little by little, add organic milk to one tablespoon of ground oat or oat flour until the oats are well moistened.
For oily skin:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of rice flour with a little bit of plain water until the rice is well-combined.
- In upward strokes and circles, spend a minute or two gently massaging the exfoliant across your face and neck.
- Then wash it off with water.
- After exfoliating the face, open up the pores with mild steam so that the mask can really penetrate the skin.
- Fill a pot with half a teaspoon of turmeric powder and a few inches of water.
- Take it to a simmer and turn the heat off. Place the pot in front of you on a table.
- In order to make a mini-sauna, tie your hair back, lean over the pot, and drape a towel over your head and face.
- Make sure that the water isn’t too close to you; it shouldn’t burn.
- For up to 5 minutes, steam.
- Before applying the mask, wait a minute or two for your skin to cool.
- 1/2 teaspoon wild turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon rice flour ( for acne-prone and oily skin, use almond flour or use oatmeal flour for normal and dry skin)
- In a bowl, take 1 tablespoon plain organic curd for pimple-prone skin, dry and normal skin; OR 2-3 teaspoons of raw honey for oily skin type.
- Mix all together, adding only an appropriate amount of curd or honey to make the mask smooth.
- Slather the mask over your neck and your face.
- As turmeric is a natural hair remover, avoid your eyebrows and hair!
- Just before it begins to dry, remove the mask with water:
The star part of this face is turmeric, but curd and honey are also healing agents.
Though honey has natural anti-bacterial properties and gives balance to oily skin, the curd is rich in nutrients and moisturizers.
The ingredients can be changed according to your type of skin.
- Any Facial Oil Of your choice (rosehip, coconut, or almond oil).
- A few drops of hydrating facial oil like rosehip, coconut, or almond should be applied if your face gets dry to moisturise it.
This facial is best done before bedtime, as turmeric slightly stains the skin with the tiniest amount of yellow.
But don’t worry, by morning, the yellow will be gone, and you will be left glowing and bright skin.