My Winter Skin Care Routine
Sticking to the right skincare routines is very important when the winter arrives to prevent dryness.
In this article, we are going to share an easy & effective winter skincare routine that can help you to get flawless skin.
#1. Avoid Long and hot showers
A hot and long shower or bath on a tiring day might sound soothing.
But, there are many chances for the water-soluble natural moisturizing agents in your skin to get lost.
Also, it can even lead to dryness, redness, irritation and itchy skin. So, it is better to avoid or shorten hot showers.
#2. Use mild non-foaming and soap-free cleansers
Foaming cleansers can really be very easy and comfortable to use while washing your face. But, the alkaline pH present in the foaming and soap cleansers can disturb your skin’s acidic level leading to dryness. So, stick with the soap-free non-foaming cleansers.
- In the morning time, you can use organic honey to wash your face.
- Just apply a thin layer of honey all over your face and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Wash it off with plain water
#3. Gently exfoliate your skin every week
- The dead skin cells on your face can prevent your skin from getting moisturized well. So, your skin will obviously require a mild exfoliation to prevent moisture loss.
- You can use any mild homemade sugar scrubs once per week to remove dead skin cells.
#4. Invest in moisturizing toners
- Using a good toner can make your skin’s pH return back to its normal level.
- Also, this can help in removing all the excess oil, dirt and other impurities from your face.
- Toning your skin can make your skin absorb more active ingredients. So, use any moisturizing toners regularly after cleansing your face.
#5. Use hydrating face serum
- Face serums will contain active ingredients that can hydrate your skin for a longer duration.
- Also, it is the best way to reduce inflammation, redness and irritations on your skin.
- It can also offer more positive results when you apply this before using a moisturizer on your face.
#6. Continue with a good moisturizer
- Moisturizing your skin is a key element in skincare routine during any season.
- Use a good amount of any moisturizing cream or lotion twice every day.
- This can lock the moisture content within your skin cells and prevent it from dryness. Also, moisturizers can actively make your skin soft, smooth and supple.
#7. Use hydrating face masks
- Using face masks once or twice every week is a great way to make them healthy and strong.
- Hydrating masks during the winter seasons can effectively moisturize your skin.
- Also, it can nourish your skin with all the essential nutrients required for getting glowing skin.
#8. Apply lip balm regularly
- Taking care of our lips is also an essential part of our regular skincare routine.
- Apply a good amount of lip balm whenever your lips become dry to prevent chapped and cracked lips.
#9. Don’t forget the sunscreen
- No matter if it is winter or summer, sunscreen is a must that should be used whenever you go out.
- There are chances for the UV rays to affect and reduce the ceramide levels in our skin.
- Sunscreen can prevent your skin by acting as a protective barrier.