Minimize Your Large Skin Pores
Today in this post, we are going to share some of the products that you must have to unclog your pores and also some of the DIYs that will help you to minimise large skin pores. Pores play a very important role in our skin. These are tiny openings on our skin, that produce sebum to protect our skin from dirt and bacteria. This sebum also helps the skin to keep hydrated. Oily skin pulls more dirt from outside, so pores generally produce more sebum for protection, which result in large skin pores. Despite your skin type, if you don’t keep your skin clean, the skin will produce more sebum for protection, which will cause an expansion in the size of pores.
Now finally we know about pores, let us discuss how to take care of these pores in the right way
Start with step#1 – Face Cleansing & Steaming
- For this step, first, wash your face with a mild cleanser to remove all dirt and excess oil from the skin. After that, you can start your pore treatment.
- Next fill your sink with hot water, cover your head with a towel and take steam on your face for 3-4 minutes. It will open your pores and also all toxins will come out from your skin through sweat glands. Our skin pores are very sensitive to temperature, they expand when exposed to heat and in cold, they will shrink.
- When you take steam on your face, your pores will expand, which will help to loosen all debris locked in your pores.
Now coming to step#2, that is the extraction
- Use a metal extraction tool for this purpose. First, sanitise it and then use this tool very gently to extract blackheads and whiteheads from your pores.
- Don’t press it too hard. Sometimes whiteheads and blackheads are into the very deep layers of skin, and they are not ready to come yet.
- Use this tool with very light pressure on your skin.
Step#3 – Toner
Once you’ve extracted debris from your pores, you’ll need to apply a toner. This helps to kill bacteria and bring the PH level of the skin back between 5.5 and 7.
- You can use your regular face toner, or you can also make your own face toner by mixing 2 parts of water and 1 part of apple cider vinegar.
- It is always better to store toner in the refrigerator. The cool temperature of the toner will shrink your skin pores.
Step#4 – Serum and Moisturiser
- The purpose of a moisturiser is to lock moisture into your skin. Before applying it make sure your skin is well hydrated, or your skin will produce more sebum for it. It is always better to use a serum before putting moisturiser on your face for extra hydration.
- You can look out for the serum, that contains Salicylic and hyaluronic acid. With serum, salicylic acid will go deep into your skin layer and will break down the sebum, and hyaluronic acid will provide deep hydration.
- After serum, apply a layer of moisturiser on your face to lock hydration into your skin.
Apart from these steps, use glycolic acid chemical peel twice a week, it will help you to remove the dead skin layer.
In brief exfoliation + hydration is the key to minimising your pores. If your skin is clean and hydrated, pores will produce less sebum and they will look smaller.