Facial pores are the ventilation system of the skin that helps it breathe. They also tend to get bigger and more prominent as you age. Sometimes when you don’t follow proper skincare, in lack of nutrition skin elasticity decreases, and pores become bigger and less supple. Today in this post, we will share some basic skincare rules that will help you to shrink large skin pores on your face.
Rule #1 Use a non-comedogenic mild face cleanser twice a day
- Even if you don’t feel, skin with large pores is prone to irritation.
- Always use a mild face cleanser in the morning and night to clean your face.
- First, wash your face with warm water and then clean your face with a mild face cleanser.
- Never use hot water, as it can irritate your skin and your pores will look larger.
Rule#2 – Treat Acne Fast
Acne clogs your pores, which can make your pores more noticeable. So it is better to treat them fast. You can use some spot treatment based on retinol or salicylic acid to treat acne fast.
If you are looking for some DIY spot treatment,
- Mix 2-3 drops of tea tree oil in 1/2 tbsp of aloe vera gel, mix it well and your spot treatment is ready.
- Apply spot treatment on your acne and leave it overnight.
Rule#3 – Protect your skin Every Time
The more sun-damaged your skin, the less firmness it has. When the skin starts to lose its firmness, pores look more noticeable.
- Applying a broad-spectrum, water-resistant sunscreen with an SPF 30 or higher helps prevent sun-damaged skin.
- To protect your skin, apply sunscreen every day, even when it’s raining or cold outside.
Rule#4 – Exfoliation
Exfoliate your skin once a week. It is very important to remove the dead layer from your face.
You can try natural exfoliators rich in Alpha Hydroxy Acids.
To make your own,
- In a bowl mash 1 ripe banana, in this add 1 tbsp of honey, 1 tbsp sugar and 2 tbsp of milk.
- Mix it well until sugar dissolves completely.
- Apply this mixture on your clean face and neck.
- Leave for 20 minutes and then rinse it off.
Glycolic acid present in sugar will melt the dead layer present on your face.
Follow these rules in your daily skincare routine, and in just 2 weeks you can see a visible difference.
Apart from these, also make sure you always apply moisturizer on your face after cleansing.
It is always better to use a gel-based moisturizer, with hyaluronic acid, as it suits all skin types.