Your lips and how it looks speak a lot about how well you keep yourself. Chapped dry lips can appear very unappealing. This can be due to lifestyle choices like smoking or sometimes even due to the products that you use.
In this article, we will be sharing an effective lip care routine. Use it and get lips that look pink and healthy.
Remove The Makeup
The first and foremost thing to do when following a lip care routine is to remove the makeup.
If you are looking to make your homemade makeup remover, just add
- 2 Tbsp witch hazel,
- 2 Tbsp almond oil,
- 2 Tbsp water,
- 1 tsp castor oil,
- 1 tsp almond oil,
- 1 tsp coconut oil and
- 1-2 capsules vitamin E
- Mix all the above ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Take some of it on your cotton pad and wipe the makeup clean.
Exfoliating helps in removing the dead skin which sits on the lips whilst removing the pigmentation.
To make your natural scrub, you will need,
- ½ cup ground coffee,
- ½ cup of organic sugar,
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil,
- 1 tbsp almond oil,
- ½ tbsp jojoba oil,
- 5 drops vitamin E oil and
- 14 drops vanilla essential oil
- Mix all the ingredients really well.
- Scoop this and apply it to your lips.
- Scrub in a circular motion for 1-2 minutes.
- Rinse it off using cold water and pat it dry.
- Finish by applying a mask over it.
- Exfoliate your lips 2-3 times a week for best results.
A mask seals the deal and fills the lips with nutrients.
This helps in nourishing the lips and making it appear healthy and plump.
- To make your homemade lip mask, mix pomegranate seeds with milk.
- Apply this paste onto your lips and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Rinse it off using warm water.
If you have seen your favourite celebrities with plump lips and wondered what was the secret, we have the solution.
It is the lip serum.
To make your lip serum you will need,
- 1/2 Tsp of cinnamon,
- 1/2 Tsp of nutmeg and
- 1/2 Tsp of beeswax
- Mix all the ingredients and apply it onto the lips.
- Massage for a good 1-2 minutes.
- Let the lips absorb it.
Most of us skip wearing a lip balm and go straight away to the lipstick.
It is important to seal your lips to prevent chemicals present in your lipstick from penetrating in.
Lip balm also nourishes the lips and provide hydration to them.
If you want to make your own lip balm, you will need:
- 1 tbsp beeswax
- 1 tbsp of shea butter
- 2 Tsp of coconut oil
- 1 Tsp of apricot oil
- 1 Tsp of honey and
- 8 drops cinnamon essential oil
- Begin by melting beeswax and shea butter using the double boiler method.
- Mix coconut oil, apricot oil, honey and cinnamon essential oil with it.
- Stir well to mix all the ingredients.
- Let it sit to solidify.
- Use a hand blender to whip it until it turns fluffy.
- To use, scoop some of this lip balm on your fingers and apply it on your lips.
- Massage for 1-2 minutes.