Lemon is a natural skin lightening agent and it contains Vitamin C which is an antioxidant, it also works as a natural exfoliator and can help to remove dead skin cells. The citric acid present in lemon helps to lighten and brighten the skin, while also helping to fade dark spots. Rose water, on the other hand, is a natural astringent that helps to tighten and firm the skin, it also has a soothing effect on the skin and can help to reduce redness and inflammation.
To make this remedy, you will need a fresh lemon, rose water, and a few other ingredients that are easy to find.
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of rose water
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil
- Start by squeezing the juice of one lemon into a bowl.
- Next, add in 1 tablespoon of rose water and 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel, mix well.
- Then, add 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil which is non-comedogenic and can help to moisturize and nourish your skin.
- Mix all the ingredients together until they are well combined.
- Apply the mixture to the areas of your face with dark spots, making sure to cover them completely.
- Let the mask sit on your face for 20-25 minutes.
- Rinse the mask off with cold water and pat your skin dry.
Note: Lemon juice can be quite drying, so it is important to follow up with a moisturizer after using this mask. It is also recommended to use sunscreen when going out in the sun to prevent further darkening of the dark spots. This mask can be used once or twice a week for best results.
It’s important to do a patch test before applying the mixture all over your face to check if you are not allergic to any of the ingredients.
In addition to using this remedy, you can also take steps to prevent dark spots from forming in the first place by protecting your skin from the sun by using a sunscreen and wearing protective clothing, avoiding picking at or popping pimples, and eating a healthy diet that is rich in fruits and vegetables. By incorporating this remedy along with these preventative measures, you can help to reduce the appearance of dark spots and achieve a brighter, more even complexion.