Our scalp will age six times faster than our face’s skin.
So it is important to take extra care of our hair and scalp.
Rice Water Shampoo:
- 1 cup of organic uncooked rice
- 2 cups of warm water
- 1 cup shikakai tea (for dark hair)
- 1/4 cup aloe vera juice
- 25 drops of Lavender essential oil
- 1 cup liquid castile soap
- Put rice in a container and rinse with water to remove any dirt and other toxins.
- Clean rice 2-3 times.
- Only plain and clean water should be used to rinse the rice, water that is without any chemicals and additives.
- Next, add plain water along with rice in a container.
- Stir and cover with a lid.
- You can add 2 cups of water for 1 cup of rice.
- Allow 30 minutes for the rice to soak in water.
- To make sure that the vitamins and minerals
- penetrate ensure that you whisk at regular intervals.
- Strain the rice water and put it in a clean bottle.
- Let it sit for 24 to 48 hours at room temperature until it ferments
( it will turn slightly sour).
- This time duration would usually depend on how warm the room is.
It will be faster when the room is warmer.
You can also decrease the fermentation time by simply allowing the rice to sit in the water and later strain it once it is fermented.
Then just let the fermented rice to boil for a few minutes. It depends on you.
You can choose not to boil the rice water since we all have different hair types.
We highly recommend trying both methods first and see the results.
- Once the rice water is boiled, add liquid castile soap, shikakai tea, aloe vera gel, and a few drops of lavender essential oil for better aroma and added benefits.
- To make this DIY Shampoo, you can use the additional rice water that remains when we cook the rice at home to eat.
- This DIY rice shampoo will not last over 7 days, even when placed in a refrigerator.
- It must be used in 5 to 6 days to achieve its optimal advantage.
- Apply shampoo to your hands after applying to your hair and gently massage it from the scalp to the ends of the hair.
- Leave it to sit for 5 minutes and then rinse it thoroughly.
- Apply it once each week to achieve the best result.
If you would like, you could alternate between this and your usual shampoo.
You can also add rice flour to enhance its cleaning ability.
If you’re using fermented rice water, your hair needs to be damp.
Note: After 3 to 4 weeks of continued use, you can see its visible results in hair growth, shine, and texture.
Do not blow-dry your hair, and it may no longer be required while you regularly use this shampoo.
Instead, leave your hair to dry naturally.
- It can be concluded that fermented rice water shampoo is a great choice for the hair.
- With the fact that it is safe and all-natural, it is also inexpensive and shows prompt results.
- It is one of the best options next to a chemical shampoo when it comes to cleansing your hair.