We hope all of you would have come across the protein hair treatment which involves reconstructing and strengthening the hair strands with protein. But, how do you find that your hair is badly in need of a protein treatment? Sometimes your hair might be stringy, flat, gummy and limp or it might have lost its elasticity and have high porosity. Then it’s a clear indication that your hair is dying to get a protein hair treatment.
Also, you can get this done after coloring your hair to maintain its health and growth.
So, your next question will be how do you add it up to your hair care routine?
In this article, we are going to share how to do protein hair treatment at home using simple kitchen ingredients.
To do this protein hair treatment, you will need
- 5 chunks of shea butter
- 1 raw egg
- 5 tbsp of castor oil
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 cup of fresh yogurt and
- 1 tbsp of honey
- Take the coconut oil in a small bowl and heat it for 30 seconds.
- Then add the shea butter into another bowl and melt it using a double boiler for 1 minute.
- Now pour the melted coconut oil and shea butter together into a small bowl.
- Add the other given ingredients into the melted mixture kept in the bowl.
- Whisk the ingredients well until you get a smooth creamy paste.
- You can also use a blender for mixing to get a fine paste.
- Now apply this creamy paste all over your hair and scalp.
- Cover your hair using a shower cap and allow it to dry for 1 hour.
- Rinse your hair with running cold water and pat it dry with a clean towel.
- While applying, make sure that you do not over apply the mask on your hair. Overloading your hair with protein can also harm your hair by making it dry and brittle.
- It is always better if you take up the protein hair treatment once every month to have healthy growth.
Shea butter is packed with excellent moisturizing content that can prevent your hair from dryness.
The high antioxidant and nutrient content present in this mask can help in making your hair strands strong and healthy.
This paste can heal all the damages of your hair and bring your hair back to its natural state.
So, this could also prevent your hair from further breakage and excessive dryness.
Apart from a hair care routine, you can also gain more benefits by maintaining a protein-rich diet.
- #1. Some of the fresh fruits like blackberries, oranges, peach, raspberries, apricots, avocados, banana and guava are rich in protein content.
- #2. Protein-rich veggies like beans, spinach, sprouts, green peas, broccoli, asparagus, sweet corn and legumes can be included in your daily diet.
- #3. The other dairy products like yogurt, curd, milk and cheese are also high in protein content.
- #4. Non-veggie foods like chicken breast, shrimp, turkey breast and fish which includes salmon, haddock and flounder can also be consumed regularly.