If you thought that onions are only good for making food then you are about to have a great awakening. Onions are rich in antifungal and antibacterial properties and help in restoring the nutrients lost in your scalp that leads to hair fall. They can also prevent premature greying of hair and add that natural shine in the hair that everyone desires.
Here are some of the easiest home remedies using onions that you can implement to stop hair fall and promote hair growth.
- Blend an onion to make a thick paste. Squeeze the paste to extract the fresh onion juice.
- Add two tablespoons of yogurt to the onion juice and whisk it until all the lumps of yogurt are gone.
- Gently massage your hair with the solution and leave it aside for 30-45 minutes.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo and cold water. Repeat this process two-three times a week to fight hair fall and promote hair growth.
- You can add any essential oil to mask the strong smell of onions from the hair.
- In a small cup mix 3 tablespoons of freshly extracted onion juice and half the amount of olive oil.
- Warm the solution in a water bath so that both the juice and oil mix together properly.
- Apply this oil mixture on your hair and gently massage the scalp for 5-10 minutes in a circular manner.
- Leave your hair be for 2 hours. You can cover it with a shower cap if you like.
- Use a mild shampoo to wash off the oil and the onion smell from the hair.
- Repeat this process on alternate days. You can store the leftover solution in the fridge for around 5 days before it becomes useless.
- Cut a medium-sized potato and an onion. Blend the two together to get a strong and thick paste.
- Using a washcloth, squeeze out the juice from the paste. Remove any small particles present in the juice.
- Using the same methodology as used above, apply the solution carefully on the scalp and then massage it gently. Do this for around 10 minutes so that every area is coated with the juice.
- Wash off your hair using a mild shampoo after an hour of the application.
- You can use the same juice again the next day to prevent hair fall and give a new shine to your hair.
- Onion juice
- Essential oil
- Separate the yolk from the whites and mix it with a tablespoon of onion juice.
- Whisk the ingredients thoroughly to make a smooth mixture. Add 2-3 drops of any essential oil of your choice in the mixture to hide the smell of both the onion and the egg.
- Gently spread the mixture over the length of your hair while massaging the scalp at the same time.
- Wear a shower cap and leave the mixture to settle or dry for around an hour.
- Use a mild sulfate-free shampoo and cold water to rinse off your hair. Don’t use warm or hot water as it will start to cook the eggs.
- Use this remedy once or twice a week only.
- Finely chop an onion and leave it in a cup of rum to soak overnight.
- Take out a tablespoon of the rum-infused onion in the morning and blend it to make a thick paste.
- Rub this paste directly on your hair and massage the scalp.
- Wash your hair using a mild shampoo after 10-15 minutes of the application. You can also use some of the rum while rinsing the hair.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times a week.