With this homemade hair growth recipe, give yourself an at-home oil massage.
For lush and long locks, it blends herbal ingredients that are readily found in many Indian households into an elixir.
- 10-12 Big stems of Curry leaves
- 8-10 fresh Hibiscus flowers
- 20-30 fresh and Healthy hibiscus leaves
- 8-10 Stems of Tulsi leaves
- 1.5 tbsps Onion seeds also known as Kalonji/Nigella seeds/ Black seeds
- 2 tbsp Fenugreek seeds / Methi seeds
- 1-liter Coconut oil
- Essential oils of choice (optional)
- To make a coarse paste, bring all the ingredients into a blender jar and rotate a few times.
- Add this paste to a thick-bottomed saucepan on medium heat and add 500 ml of coconut oil.
- Cook the herbs paste until all the moisture is gone.
- It will ideally take around 10-15 minutes.
- When the oil is ready, all the leaves and flowers will turn crispy (just like chips) because there is no moisture left.
- Make sure the paste does not burn.
- Let the oil cool down and strain it into a jar (using a fine strainer or nut milk bag).
- If you like, you can add essential oils for added aroma and benefits.
How to use herbal hair oil?
- Just take one or two spoons if you want to use the oil (depends on how long your hair is)
- If you use coconut oil, the oil will solidify, but it will be scoopable, so just take it out with a spoon and melt it in the microwave or place it near a hot stove to melt the oil.
- Apply the oil to the scalp and all of the hair.
- It is preferable to leave overnight or for several hours.
- Then wash your hair using just enough herbal shampoo (dont use too much as it will rip the natural oils).
- A decent alternative to coconut oil is sesame oil.
- As per your preference and availability, you can use other herbal ingredients.
- You can probably check the properties of essential oils and choose which one fits your needs by selecting the essential oils of your choice.
- Rich In Antioxidants
- Rich In Iron
- Helps the Hair in Growth
- Prevents premature Greying Of Hair
- Helps Strengthens Hair Follicles
Hibiscus Flowers and Leaves
- Stimulates the development of hair
- Conditions the hair
- Avoids Baldness
- Dandruff And Itchy Scalp Treats
- Prevents Untimely Greying
- It Prevents Hair Fall
- It also treats Dandruff And Dry Scalp.
- Reduces Itchiness on the scalp
- Promotes healthy Hair Growth
Onions Seeds (Kalonji, Nigella Seeds, Black Seeds)
- Promotes healthy Hair Growth
- Softens the Hair And Adds Shine & Lustre to it
- Reduces Greying of the hair
- Rich in Natural Anti-oxidant Properties
- Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Iron-Rich in Folic Acid
- Beneficial with high protein and nicotinic acid content against hair fall and dandruff
- It helps to treat a number of scalp issues, such as hair dryness, baldness, and hair thinning.
- It hydrates the hair and strengthens the follicles of the roots and hair.
- Hydrate the hair and give the hair luster and bounce.
- Gives Nice Scent To The Oil
- Depending On The Chosen Oil, Properties Vary:
Lavender – Calms, Soothes Scalp. Adds Nice Smell
Tea Tree Oil – Anti Fungal, Anti Bacterial, Prevents And Fights Dandruff
- Conditions Hair
- Prevents Hair Loss
- Anti Microbial
- Prevents Split Ends
- Reduces Frizz