Multani mitti is an age-old ingredient which people from different generations have used. And why wouldn’t they? It contains exceptional properties like excess oil absorbency and acne prevention that no one keeps their hands off it.
In today’s article, we will be sharing with you different ways, through which you can use Multani mitti on your skin in order to get that excess oil off your face.
Hack #1. Multani Mitti as a Cleanser
To make your homemade Multani mitti cleanser, you will need:
- 2 tbsp of fuller earth and
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- Take a bowl, mix fullers earth with lemon juice.
- You can add a little rose water or water to make an easy to use paste.
- Apply this on your face and massage in a circular motion for 2 minutes.
- Rinse it off using lukewarm water and pat the skin dry.
- You can follow this up with either a scrub or a moisturizer.
- Use this cleanser 2 times a day for best results.
Using a Multani mitti cleanser helps in removing the impurities from the surface of the skin.
It has excellent oil absorbent properties which help in removing excess oil from the surface of the skin.
Hack #2. Multani Mitti as an Exfoliator
To make your homemade Multani mitti exfoliator, you will need:
- 2 cups of fuller’s earth
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- 5-6 drops of rose water and
- 2-3 drops of lavender rose essential oil
- Take a bowl, add fullers earth, aloe vera gel, rose water and lavender essential oil in it.
- Mix all the ingredients really well.
- Apply this mix on your face and scrub for 5 minutes using a circular motion.
- Use cold water to rinse the mask off.
- Finish off by using a light moisturizer over it.
- Use this exfoliator thrice every week for best results.
Using a Multani mitti exfoliator helps in gently removing impurities of the skin.
It removes dirt from the pores whilst cleansing it without any redness or inflammation.
Someone with acne can also use Multani mitti to exfoliate as it’s very gentle.
Hack #3. Multani Mitti as a Mask
To make your homemade Multani mitti mask, you will need:
- 2 tbsp of Multani mitti
- 2 tablespoons of curd
- A pinch of turmeric and
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Take a bowl, add Multani mitti, curd, turmeric powder and honey in it.
- Mix all the ingredients well to form a paste.
- Apply this mask onto a cleansed face and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Use warm water to rinse the mask off and pat the skin dry.
- Finish by applying a light moisturizer over it.
- Use this mask twice every week for best results.
A Multani mitti mask ensures that the skin looks radiant and glows from within at all times.
Multani mitti also contains properties which help in removing the dead skin cells without any side effects.
It is also known to boost circulation which repairs all kinds of skin damage from the roots.