Licorice powder or famously known as Mulethi Powder is an ayurvedic ingredient that focuses on benefiting both the hair as well as the skin.
It is famous in the market due to its skin fairness properties.
In this article, we will share with you a licorice powder remedy which you can make and also store for multiple uses.
Stay tuned to learn how you can use licorice powder in different ways to benefit your skin.
Licorice Skin Whitening Powder Recipe
To make your licorice powder, you will need:
- 8 tbsp of licorice powder
- 3 tbsp of orange peel powder
- 4 Tsp of Sandalwood and
- 3 Tsp of Turmeric Powder
- Begin by taking a jar with a tight lid.
- Add licorice powder, orange peel powder, sandalwood powder and turmeric powder in it.
- Using a spoon mix well to combine all the ingredients really well.
- Close the lid and store it in a cool and dry place.
- You fairness mix using licorice powder is ready.
- You can use it as need be.
Licorice powder contains antibacterial properties which help in killing the bacteria that causes skin damage.
Orange peel powder comes packed with citric acid which improves the blood circulation for younger-looking skin.
Sandalwood powder absorbs excess oil while brightening the skin.
Turmeric powder contributes to killing the bacteria that causes skin damage.
Licorice powder for full body whitening
- Take a glass bowl, and mix 3 tbsp of licorice mix from before with 1 tbsp of milk.
- Cleanse your body using a mild shower gel or soap and rinse off.
- Apply this mask onto your body and let it sit until it dries.
- Once done, dampen cotton and scrub the mask out.
- Rinse using cold water and pat the skin dry.
- Use this remedy once every week for skin whitening.
Licorice Face Mask For Oily Skin
- Take a clean glass bowl, combine 2 tbsp of licorice mix from before with 2 tbsp of Multani mitti, 1/4th Tsp of aloe vera gel, 1/2 tbsp of papaya and 1/2 tbsp of cucumber.
- Mix them well to make a thick paste.
- Apply this onto your face and let it sit for until it dries.
- Scrub to remove the mix in an outward direction.
- Rinse the residue and pat the skin dry.
- Use this mix 1-2 times in a week for best results.
Licorice Face Mask For Dry Skin
- Begin by mixing 1 tbsp of licorice mix from before, 4 Tsp of oats, 1/4th Tsp of aloe vera gel, 5 drops of lemon juice and enough milk to make a paste.
- Mix them well.
- Cleanse your face using a moisturizing cleanser and pat the skin dry.
- Apply the paste onto the face and gently scrub for 1-2 minutes.
- Let it sit till it dries.
- Dampen your fingers using warm water and scrub the mask out.
- Rinse to wash any residue and pat the skin dry.
- Finish by using a light moisturizer on it.
- Use this remedy 1-2 times in a week for best results.