You can be disappointed by buying costly skincare products that are often packed with unnecessary chemicals.
Instead, consider using homemade and natural products to treat oily skin.
1. Make Cleanser:
- Carrier Oil
- Olive Oil/ Sunflower Oil/ Grapeseed Oil, Sesame Oil, Almond Oil
- Essential oil (like lavender or peppermint recommended for oily skin)
- Vitamin E Oil
- Take 2 tablespoons of carrier oil with 8=10 drops of essential oil and 2 vitamin E capsules.
- Combine all the oils in a glass bottle directly.
- Rub the bottle in between the palm of your hands to mix the oils together.
- Then, take 3-4 drops of oil mixture, warm the oil in between your palms to activate the goodness of the ingredients.
- Massage your skin with the oil for a minute or two.
- Remove your eye makeup in the end.
- Take a soft wet washcloth and rub gently on your face to remove the oil.
- Lightly dry your skin, or let it air dry to avoid drying it with a towel, which can be harsh on the skin.
Your skin will feel super smooth and not as tight and irritated as it would after using a tough cleanser.
Try to use a homemade face cleanser.
Cleansing oils are a perfect way to treat oily skin.
When applied to the skin, they bind to impurities and extract debris without clogging the pores.
Cleansing oils are considered superior to oil-free cleansers by many dermatologists because these often strip the skin of natural oils, leaving it unbalanced.
As a result, the body will create an excess of oils that make the skin even more oily.
Homemade cleaners usually contain a mixture of botanical oils.
2. Make Toner
- Steep the green tea in 1 cup of very hot water for 5 minutes, let it cool, and then remove the teabag.
- Add a tablespoon of fresh aloe vera gel to the green tea.
- Stir until there are no noticeable aloe vera lumps.
- Transfer the toner into a glass jar or a spray bottle.
- Another toner to think of is made of green tea.
- Loaded with antioxidants, green tea is healthy for any type of skin.
- It will help tone, tighten pores, and eliminate toxins from the surface of your skin.
- Just spray the Toner directly onto the freshly washed skin or wipe your face and neck with a cotton pad.
- Once it dries, apply a moisturizer to your skin.
- Use this method regularly for the best results.
3. Make Exfoliator
- Organic Coconut Oil
- Baking Soda
- In a bowl, add 1⁄2 cup of organic coconut oil (melted or very soft) and add 1⁄4 cup of baking soda.
- Mix together until they are totally blended and form a frosting-like consistency.
- Store at room temperature in a jar with a tight lid.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture and exfoliate on your skin with this.
- Then rinse off with lukewarm water and pat dry your face.
Exfoliating is important for any skincare regimen and should be performed 1 or 2 in a week to remove dead skin and dirt from your face.
Ignorance to exfoliate may cause dead skin cells to clog pores, which can lead to acne.
Baking soda and coconut oil scrub help to remove dirt and dead skin, leaving your skin feeling smooth.