Scabies is a highly contagious skin disease caused by a parasitic mite called Sarcoptes scabiei. It spreads from direct skin to skin contact and causes the skin to burn and itch. Other symptoms include pimple-like rashes around the finger webs, wrists, nails, elbows and buttocks.
Here are 5 home remedies to cure scabies
Ingredients Required: Turmeric powder, Lemon juice, water
- Put a few drops of lemon juice in a tablespoon of turmeric.
- Make a thick paste of lemon and turmeric by adding water to the mixture.
- Spread the paste over the affected area and let it rest for about an hour.
- Try to cover the paste with a cloth or cotton bandage to prevent it from falling after it has dried.
- Wash it off using lukewarm water and a wet washcloth.
- Repeat this process once daily until the itching is gone.
Ingredients Required: Cayenne pepper
- Cayenne pepper is very hot, it will burn the mites and force them to come out of your skin.
- In a hot water bath, mix a whole cup of cayenne pepper.
- Take a normal bath in the cayenne infused water until it has turned cold.
- After coming out of the bath, rinse the body with cool water to wash off the cayenne.
- Try not to put your eyes in the water as it will cause your eyes to burn.
Ingredients Required: White vinegar, Water, Cotton ball
- Prepare a solution of equal parts white vinegar and water in a big water bowl.
- Apply the solution to the affected area using a cotton ball.
- Gently massage the affected area for 10-15 minutes with the cotton ball.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water thoroughly to remove the vinegar smell.
- Repeat the process three times a day until the infection is treated completely.
- The change in pH levels bought by the vinegar causes mites to die.
Ingredients Required: Neem leaves
- Neem leaves are so potent on their own that they don’t require anything else to soften or heighten their effects.
- Crush some fresh neem leaves in mortar and pestle to make a thick paste.
- Apply the paste to the affected areas and cover it with cotton bandages.
- Let the paste dry on its own for 2-3 hours or leave it overnight for best results.
- Wash the paste off using cold water or a cold shower in the morning.
- Repeat this process daily to get rid of scabies.
Ingredients Required: Lavender Oil
- Add 10-15 drops of lavender oil in a warm water bath.
- Stay in this warm water bath for 15-20 minutes to soak all the goodness of lavender oil.
- Take a cold shower after the bath to rinse off the lavender oil from the body.
- Take this water bath once daily to cure scabies.
- If making a water bath seems a tedious job to do then you can directly apply the lavender oil on the affected area. Just mix it with equal parts rubbing alcohol and apply it to the area for at least 10 minutes.