Acne is a skin problem that can be nightmarish for a lot of people. However, more than the acne, it was the scars that would cause sleepless nights. These scars made the skin look unappealing and also damaged. If you are experiencing the same, look no more.
In today’s article, we will share my ultimate routine following which, you will be able to say a forever goodbye to acne as well as acne scars.
The first and foremost thing that you should do after waking up is cleansing the face.
This helps in removing all the impurities from the surface of the skin.
It also absorbs excess oil which clogs the pores and causes acne to pop up.
- Mix 1/3rd cup of honey, 1/4th cup castile soap, 2 tablespoon of jojoba oil and 3-4 drops of tea tree oil in a pump bottle.
- Dampen your face using warm water and apply some of this cleanser on your face.
- Massage in a circular motion and rinse it off using lukewarm water.
- Use this twice every day.
After cleansing the face, use a natural toner which hydrates the skin and balances the pH to prevent pore damage like acne.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 1 cup of water.
- Dip a cotton ball in this solution and wipe your skin with it.
- Use a toner thrice every day to keep yourself feeling fresh.
A serum helped me in shrinking my pores to prevent acne and blemishes.
It is lightweight and it easily penetrates the skin to repair skin damage.
- Just mix 2 tablespoons of Jojoba Oil, 10 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil and 5 drops of Lavender Essential Oil in a dark glass dropper bottle.
- After you are done cleansing and toning your face, take some of this serum and apply it on your skin.
- Massage in a circular motion and let your skin absorb it.
It is a myth that acne-prone skin and oily skin should stay clear of moisturizer.
There are a lot of moisturizers to keep skin hydrated as it prevents pore damage.
It is a must that you opt for ingredients which are light and which won’t clog the pores.
Recipe for DIY moisturizer for acne-prone skin:
- Start by mixing 1 Tablespoon of Jojoba oil, 3 drops of Frankincense essential oil and 3 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Apply this on your skin and massage in a circular motion till the skin absorbs it.
While the remaining routine helps a lot, it is the spot treatment that showed visible results.
These spot treatments target the acne and immediately lessens the redness and inflammation.
- To make your homemade spot treatment, crush 1 pill of aspirin and mix it with water in a bowl.
- Apply it on your acne scar and let it sit till it dries.
- Rinse it off using lukewarm water and pat the skin dry.
Sunscreen works as a protective layer on the skin which prevents damage from UV rays.
While options in the market can be confusing, one can opt for homemade sunscreen.
- Melt 1/4 cup shea butter, mix it with 2 tbsp of jojoba oil, 1 tsp of vitamin E oil, 10 drops of carrot seed oil and 1 tbsp of zinc oxide powder.
- Once it turns solid, scoop some and apply it on your skin.
- Massage till the skin absorbs it.