Serums are great for skin to target specifics issues.
They are lightweight formula the go deep into skin pores and heal them.
- 1 Aloe Vera leaf
- 1 Lemon
- A clean container to store the serum.
It’s no rocket science to make aloe vera leaf serum.
- Wash the aloe vera leaf thoroughly to get rid of the dirt with clean water.
- Split both sides of the leaf and peel one side of the leaf’s skin.
- Scoop out the fresh aloe vera pulp out the peeled leaf.
- Using a hand blender, blend the pulp to get aloe vera juice.
- Strain the aloe vera juice using a fine strainer or a muslin cloth.
- Squeeze out a few drops of lemon juice and sprinkle over the aloe vera juice.
- If you have lemon essential oil, you can add that too to the serum.
- Or you can only add the lemon essential oil and skip the lemon juice.
- Mix well and store in a clean airtight container. Quick Tip: If you feel your serum has started to smell suspicious in 3-4 days, it’s gone bad.
- Throw it & make a fresh batch.
- If you put whole lemon juice into the serum, the moisturizing and the sticky properties of aloe vera vanish surprisingly, hence add only a few drops to the aloe vera juice.
- If you are putting lemon drops into the serum, use the serum only at night after cleansing & toning.
- But if you are skipping lemon juice, you can use this serum during day time, too, after cleansing & toning the skin.
Lemon juice makes skin photosensitive.
Hence should not be used during the daytime.
Make sure to wear a good sunblock during the day to protect your beautiful skin during the day.
- Clean your face & neck using a face wash.
- Tone with your favorite toner.
- Take the aloe vera lemon serum out of the refrigerator.
- Apply a little amount of aloe vera lemon serum to your face and neck.
- Massage the serum on the cleansed face & neck in a circular motion to reap out the maximum benefits of the massaging part too.
- You can reapply as much as you want.
- Restore the serum back to the refrigerator.
It gets quickly absorbed into the skin. Your skin will feel well hydrated, especially during summer. Also, with regular usage, your skin will start glowing, starts to look clearer & brighter.
You’ll start noticing the results within 2-3 days of application even though if used only at night times.
It’s free of chemicals and parabens. Hence you can use it as long as you want to.
You can even use this serum for your hair and scalp. This combination will induce moisture and shine in your hair. This serum helps the scalp and hair. It takes away any product build-up from the hair. You can apply this serum to your hair length to moisturize your hair and reduce frizz.