Dark circles under the eye is a common problem for both men and woman.
It can make you look aged and also take away the “fresh” element away from your face.
While it’s difficult to get rid of them, it isn’t entirely impossible.
In this article, we will share a natural homemade eye roll remedy for dark circles.
For this remedy, you will need:
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of Aloe Vera gel
- ½ teaspoon of lemon zest and
- A bowl of chilled raw milk
- Take a small mixing bowl and add olive oil, aloe vera gel and lemon zest in it.
- Mix all the ingredients using a spoon to make a fine paste.
- Pour this mixture into a roll-on, close the lid and shake well in order to mix all the ingredients.
- To use, begin by dipping a cotton ball in some chilled milk.
- Squeeze to remove the excess out and place it on your eyes for 10 minutes.
- Use plain water to rinse the mixture off.
- Apply the eye roll serum under your eyes in a circular motion.
- Massage it for 5 minutes and leave it overnight to work.
- Get up the next morning and rinse it off using cold water.
- Pat the skin dry and follow up with a light moisturizer.
- Use this remedy every night for visible results.
With its rich antioxidants, olive oil help in fighting the dark circles and fading them.
Aloe vera hydrates the under eye and reduces puffiness.
Lemon contains natural bleaching agents which treat the pigmentation under the eye.
Using chilled milk helps in lightening the dark spots due to the selenium present in it.
The mask will treat dark circles and puffy eyes and make them appear young and rejuvenated.
Tips To Prevent Dark Circles
While there are remedies that you can use to treat dark circles, preventing them is the best option.
Here are some prevention tips which you can follow to get younger-looking skin that is away from problematic areas like dark circles.
#1. Fill your diet with ingredients rich in vitamin C.
These are rich in iron which helps in improving the haemoglobin content.
Include citrus fruits, tomatoes, peppers, melon, and spinach in your diet to prevent dark circles.
#2. Keep your under-eye moisturized at all times.
Dry skin can appear dehydrated, causing dark circles to pop up.
#3. Be gentle when you are removing eye makeup.
#4. Add serum into your skincare and ensure that they have vitamins C, E, K or retinol in their ingredients.
All of these fights dark circles and prevent them from coming.
#5. Sleeping the right hours is utmost important when it comes to dark circles.
Fatigue is the main cause of dark circles hence ensure that you take time out to sleep for a minimum of 6-7 hours.
#6. Reduce or stop the intake of alcohol.
Alcohol can dehydrate the body which leads to puffy eyes and fatigue in the morning.