To discover a new beauty hack, it’s never too late, which is why we’ve compiled a list of our five favorites just for you!
If you want to incorporate a skincare routine or improve an existing one, here are some of the best hacks we have at hand, the most effective.
Hack 1: Wash your face every day, but don’t overdo it anymore.
- Even when you go without makeup for a day, it is always important to wash your face to remove dirt and oil. It might seem like a simple task, but it makes a difference, really.
- The recommended amount is twice a day, but did you know there’s a limit, too?
It can do more harm than good to wash your face more than enough.
The natural oil our bodies produce is good for our skin and offers a protective layer against external factors.
We risk washing away this significant defense barrier if we overwash, leaving our face at the mercy of bacteria and harsh sun rays.
- To reap full benefits, strike a healthy balance and stick with it.
Hack 2: Exfoliate with a warm water-soaked washcloth.
- To massage your face every day, use a soothing washcloth, using upward flowing, circular strokes.
- A washcloth can help to remove dead skin cells and to invigorate your face with live cells.
It will help keep your skin smooth and clean by gentle scrubbing with a warm washcloth once a day.
- But when using washcloths, there are some things you have to bear in mind.
You should never scrub with a washcloth too vigorously.
Hack 3: Apply a facial essence between two moisturizer layers.
In all the goodies of your regular cleansing, many modern Korean women believe that essences are the secret to sealing.
- Essences are mild, nutrient-filled skin solutions (not toners) that hydrate and apply to your skin after washing.
- The next step is to apply a serum, and then, for optimum skin elasticity and hydration, you can apply your moisturizer.
Hack 4: Using an overnight sleeping mask for beautiful skin
- It is during sleep that the turnover of the skin cells and their hardest work in cell recovery is completed.
This is the perfect time to focus on a tired complexion and hyper-moisturize.
- To rectify some dullness, you can add an intense sleeping mask.
Weeks of wear and tears will fall from your face when you wake up.
Hack 5: Do not let your toner dry up,
Toners are such an important part of your skincare regime; they regulate the pH levels of the skin and improve the skin’s water content.
That being said, there is another surprising advantage of toner use.
Applying the next skincare product on top of the damp toner makes it easier for the skin to absorb the product as the damp skin is even more porous, allowing you to distribute the product more quickly and use less of the product as well.
DIY Honey Toner
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon chamomile flowers (or 1 bag of chamomile tea)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 – 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- With the chamomile, pour freshly boiled water into a mug or heatproof cup.
- Enable the tea for ten minutes to steep.
- Remove the bag of tea or strain the tea with the solids.
- To remove the sugar, apply the sugar and vinegar to the tea and then mix well. In a clean container, pour the mixture into it.
- Using a cotton ball or soft cloth, dab the toner liberally on your skin after cleansing your face.
- As required, follow up with a moisturizer.
- For approximately one month, this toner will remain new.
It is best to discard any toner left after 30 days and make a new batch.