Facials are an essential key to healthy, glowing and rejuvenated skin but most skincare beauty products are packed with substances and synthetic ingredients which will go on to have negative long-term effects.
Today in this post, we will share one natural facial, shared by Shahnaz Husain, also known as “Herbal Queen of India”.
First, take a headband or scarf, place it just above the forehead, along the hairline and tie it at the back just above the neck. This is to protect the hair during the facial.
Now start with step#1, cleansing
- Choose the cleaner according to skin type – gel/cream cleanser for normal to dry skin; cleansing milk or lotion for normal to oily and combination skins.
- While cleansing, pay special attention to the corners of the nostrils and don’t forget the neck area. Wash the face with plenty of water.
Now coming to the next step, which is face scrub
Scrubbing is particularly good for oily skins and blackheads. However, if you have spots, pimples, acne, rashes or any eruptions, avoid using a scrub.
- You can use almond powder or rice flour to scrub your face. Make a paste by adding either rose water or curd and your scrub is ready.
Now coming to our next step, which is a face pack
- Mix together two teaspoons choker (wheat bran) one teaspoon each ground almonds, rose water, curd, and honey into a paste. This face pack is suitable for all skin types.
- Apply this on the face, leaving out lips and area around the eyes.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and then rinse it off with plain water.