We all need to face creams on a daily basis to keep our skin moisturized, nourished, and give vital nutrients.
This homemade face cream is natural, nourishing, and luxurious.
It also helps to brighten the skin.
- 1/4 cup organic olive oil
- 1/4 cup organic sweet almond oil
- 1/4 cup organic grapeseed oil
- 1/16 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/16 cup beeswax pastilles
- 1/2 cup organic aloe vera gel
- 1/4 tsp vitamin E oil
- 10-15 drops of essential oil (lavender, rose, orange, or sandalwood oil all works well)
- In a stainless steel or glass saucepan, mix the oils together and warm them at very low heat.
- The oils should only be warmed slightly, but not necessarily heated up.
- Heat the wax pastilles in another saucepan or double boiler, still on low heat, until they’ve melted completely.
- If you have a double boiler, start to warm it on low heat to prepare it for the last step in the cream making process.
- Take half the mixture of warmed oil and pour it into your pre-heated double-boiler.
- Add the melted wax and gently stir.
- This mixture should be fully liquid, so the water in the lower part of the double-boiler is not warm enough if you notice that the wax is beginning to harden:
- Increase the heat a little bit and stir until everything is liquid again.
- Mix the aloe blend with the vitamin E oil and essential oil of your preference in either a blender or in a food processor.
- *Remember that if you want a fragrance-free cream, you do not have to add essential oils.
- Until it begins to thicken, the cream will look a little strange, but the sound the food processor blades make will change to a lower pitch as the ingredients become thicker and creamier.
- Use the spatula to get every last bit of the cream out of the food processor/ blender, and transfer it to a glass jar.
- Mark the jars clearly with the date you made them and the fragrance you used.
- The cream can last for up to a year if you keep them refrigerated.
- If you notice that the contents smell a little “off” or if you see some mold on the cream, immediately discard it.
- Cleanse your face thoroughly with a gentle or herbal face cleanser that suits your skin type.
- Pat dry your face using a clean and soft towel.
- Apply this cream in gentle upward strokes and circular motions by using your fingers.
- Avoid the area around your eyes.
- Never forget applying the cream to your neck.
- Ideally, you should apply a cream 30 minutes before you go to bed.
- Lastly, you should be religious in applying night cream regularly.
Aloe Vera Gel:
- Aloe vera helps to stop early symptoms, such as premature wrinkles and lines, of aging.
- One of the best benefits of aloe vera for the skin is its ability, thanks to its rich nutrients, to nourish the skin.
- Coconut oil, as we all know, has plenty of purposes.
- It is also an emollient that tends to enhance the presence of moisture in the skin, much like honey.
- Olive oil is an excellent natural moisturizer, and it can very well nourish the skin.
- Its vitamins and antioxidants protect your skin from harm and slow skin aging to an extent as well.
Sweet Almond Oil:
- Sweet almond oil is a great source of vitamin E, which is a strong anti-oxidant.
- In almond oil, vitamin E is extremely beneficial in combating free radicals and environmental components and protects the skin from premature aging and other skin damage.
- It also offers advantages of de-pigmentation, helping to lighten the spots and scars on the skin, thereby rounding out the complexion.
Vitamin E Oil:
- Vitamin E oil is a nutrient and skin anti-oxidant.
- It regenerates cells and restores wounds, removes dark spots, moisturizes the skin, and removes wrinkles.
- It nourishes the skin.
- Grapeseed oil is largely known for its anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties and also contains high concentrations of vitamin E and omega fatty acids.
- The strong anti-oxidant capabilities of grapeseed, such as sunspots, fine lines, and wrinkles, can help reduce the signs of aging.