Melasma is a very common skin condition, which mainly involves hyperpigmentation.
The main cause of melasma is excess melanin development in the skin cells due to prolonged exposure to the sun.
Other causes include hormonal changes in the body, toxins, stressful lifestyles, thyroid disorders, etc.
Guava And Banana Pack
- All you need to do is mash guava and banana to make a thick paste.
- Then add this paste to the affected area, wait for 20 minutes and, eventually, wash with water.
This natural remedy should be done on a regular basis to see positive results.
Banana is commonly used in a variety of natural DIY hair packs and face packs.
The combination of guava and banana is also one of the safest home remedies for melasma.
Guava is a delicious fruit that helps to alleviate gum and tooth problems and keeps your breath fresh as well as fragrant.
Guava produces a lycopene compound that is useful for lightening hyperpigmentation and blemishes.
Plus, this fruit pack helps exfoliate your skin and flush out dead skin cells.
- Sandalwood Power
- Lemon Juice
- Whole Milk
- All you need to do is mix 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder, 1 tablespoon of wild turmeric, a few drops of lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon whole milk to create a thick paste for home remedies for melasma.
- Use this paste to the infected skin and let it dry on its own.
- Splash enough water on the face to moisten the mask and remove it in a circular motion.
- Finally, rinse with more water and wipe your face.
- This remedy should be practiced three or four days a week until the desired result is achieved.
Curcumin (one of the key chemicals in turmeric) has some clinical evidence of its efficacy in skincare.
Curcumin has defensive UV properties; it’s antioxidant and antimutagen and has anti-inflammatory properties.
One study found that curcumin inhibited the development of tyrosinase and melanin, both of which lead to melasma.
Another research found that antioxidant properties in curcumin had the ability to minimize both hyperpigmentation and melasma.
Sandalwood is an amazing and effective skin lightening agent that is commonly used in cosmetics as well as in skincare lotions and creams.
Essential sandalwood oil improves skin tone and helps to lighten melasma spots as well as other blemishes without side effects.
Apricot Kernel Oil
- Apricot Kernel Oil
- You can drip apricot kernel oil (a few drops) onto a cotton ball and wipe your skin with this cotton ball.
- Repeat the oil treatment twice a day until the melasma spots have finally vanished.
Apricot is commonly used in cosmetic and skincare products around the world.
It functions as a natural scrub because of its lightening agents on the skin.
Apricot kernel oil is rich in vitamins such as A, C, and E, as well as fatty acids that provide intense nourishment to your skin, relieve inflammation and lightens facial melasma.
- Fresh Aloe Vera Gel
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Tea Tree Essential Oil
- In a bowl, take 2 tablespoons of fresh aloe vera gel and add 5 drops of each lavender and tea tree essential oil.
- Mix well and apply the gel treatment 3 to 4 times a day onto the affected areas.
This will help to lighten the skin and reduce pigmentation effectively. Both the essential oils lavender and tea tree can help to relieve many skin conditions, and the combination of these essential oils can also lead to the successful treatment of melasma.
Another great blend that you can try is chamomile essential oil along with lavender essential oil.
It is also one of the best natural home remedies for melasma pigmentation that people can make good use of!
Aloe vera gel is not just a sunburn gel – it can help to treat your melasma as well.
Early clinical trials have shown that aloe vera has many therapeutic properties.
One research showed that the topical administration of liposome-encapsulated aloe vera strengthened melasma.
With natural anti-inflammatory and UV-protective properties, aloe vera can be a useful remedy.
Plus, aloe vera is naturally hydrating.
Since certain forms of melasma treatments dry your skin, aloe vera can help to rehydrate your skin.