Winter is almost here, and that takes special care of our hair and our eyes.
We’re so worried about facial skin most of the time, but then, we seem to ignore the skin on our bodies.
- Lemon juice.
- An airtight container for storage
- In a bowl, add 5 tablespoons of vegetable glycerin.
- Next, add 7 tablespoons of pure rose water with it.
- Squeeze the juice of half-a-lemon into it.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Transfer this to an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator.
- You can skip the lemon and add coconut oil instead.
- It is a sheer watery liquid solution which can easily be applied to your skin.
- It can be stored in an airtight container.
- The given amount would be sufficient for 3 to 4 days usage (used once on the whole body daily).
If you use virgin coconut oil as a replacement for lemon juice, then this body lotion can be stored for a month.
But if you add lemon juice to the body lotion, this can only be stored for 4-5 days.
You can add any essential oil of your choice for added benefits, and it will make your skin smell good all day long.
Glycerin DIY Body Lotion Benefits:
- It’s completely quick to easy to make.
You will need some very simple and inexpensive ingredients, readily available, and you know what you are using on your skin because the lotion is homemade.
- It keeps the skin hydrated and smooth.
Dryness, cracks, and stretchy skin are avoided.
It is, at the same time, non-greasy.
- After a few minutes of massaging, it is readily absorbed by the skin.
- It is possible to use it many times a day.
- With your normal ready-made body lotions, you can easily compliment them.
- Use it at least once a day, ideally after taking bathing if you are at home or at night after returning when you’re done with outdoor work.
- Like any other DIYs, to see what suits your body best, you can have to play a little with the proportion of ingredients.
- To prevent stickiness, apply more rose water than the amount of glycerin.
- Glycerin will potentially signal the superficial skin cells to grow faster into softer skin.
- Glycerin is also an enormously effective moisturizer.
- Ingredients such as glycerin can help maintain hydration and prevent skin irritation.
- The use of glycerin will increase the moisture content of the skin.
It absorbs moisture from the air and stores it in your skin to make it look good, smooth, and hydrated.
- Glycerin protects the skin from irritants and chemical contaminants. It also helps heal wounds.
- Glycerin will slow down the aging process of your skin and keep it healthy and free from wrinkles for more extended periods of time.
- Glycerin’s hydrating and moisturizing effects help to soothe dry skin.
- Research shows that glycerin-containing creams can treat eczema and atopic dermatitis.
- Glycerin, when used with hyaluronic acid, serves as a skin barrier that heals and protects the skin.