Sandalwood is a natural antiseptic and preservative used in the beauty industry for making soaps, beauty creams, and other products.
Sandalwood, also known as Chandan in India, has also often been referred to as a natural healer in the Ayurveda.
- Get sandalwood powder or the sandalwood stick from your stores.
- Use a mortar pestle to smash the stick.
- Mix the powder with a cup of virgin olive oil in a glass jar and allow it to remain for a week, keep shaking occasionally.
- Strain the mixture and remove the oil as much as possible by pressing the sandalwood powder.
- Store the essential oil in a glass bottle in a dark, cool place.
Sandalwood oil is a wonderful oil that helps to treat skin disorders such as dry skin, cracking, flaking, and wrinkles.
The goodness of sandalwood oil helps to regenerate damaged skin cells, promotes the complexion of the skin, and preserves the shine and radiance of the skin.
The strong astringent, antiseptic, antimicrobial, anti-aging, and disinfectant properties of sandalwood oil protect the skin from harmful bacteria, viruses, and fungal attacks.
Furthermore, the application of sandalwood oil to the infected areas of the skin promotes healing of wounds, sores, scars, pimples, burns, and prevents infections.
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder
- A small tablet of camphor
- 1 teaspoon of milk
- Mix all the ingredients together in a smooth paste.
- Gently massage it to the affected area and leave it overnight.
- Wash the next morning with cold water.
- Doing this regularly helps to remove blemishes and also to relax your skin.
We all know that blemishes can be very stubborn, but sandalwood is incredibly successful in helps you get rid of these stubborn dark spots and blemishes in the most natural and gentle way.
- 1 tablespoon sandalwood powder
- 1 teaspoon of honey or milk
- Mix the ingredients listed above in a smooth paste.
- Apply to your skin.
- Keep it on for about 30 minutes, then wash it off with cold water.
- Do this three days a week and see the difference for yourself.
After a certain period of time, a suntan can get really troubling.
Sandalwood helps to remove suntan and reduce sunburn due to its calming properties.
It soothes the skin as well as lightens it.
Sandalwood and milk will nourish the skin with the moisture it needs.
Wrinkles and Skin Aging
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons of sandalwood powder
- 1 egg yolk
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl into a paste and apply it to your face.
- Keep it on for about an hour, then wash it off with cold water.
- Use this technique regularly to improve the elasticity of your skin and to prevent skin from sagging.
Exposure to the sun, dust, and pollutants can contribute to premature aging of the skin and wrinkles.
Washing your face regularly with a face wash will help remove dirt, but it also strips your face of all the natural oils that cause skin problems.
Using this natural face mask will preserve your natural glow and keep the signs of aging at bay.