Blackheads and whiteheads are very common.
However, one cannot ignore the fact that they still are skin damage, sitting on the surface of the skin.
In this article, we will be sharing some easy tips which you can implement in your life to prevent blackheads and whiteheads.
Wash Your Face Twice
- Blackheads and whiteheads are a cause of not following a proper cleansing routine.
- Due to our hectic schedule, we most often than not forget to cleanse our face and instead hit the bed straight away.
- However, you must cleanse your face at least twice every day for best results.
- It is also important to rinse the face after exercising.
- Make sure you use products which best suit your skin type.
Try Pore Strips
- While there is a constant debate on whether you can use a pore strip or not, I always find myself using them as it helps a great deal.
- Apart from removing black and whiteheads, it also removes dead skin cells which clog the pores and cause acne.
- The best way to use the pore strip is to steam beforehand.
- This opens the pore and makes removing black and whiteheads, easy.
Use Oil-free Sunscreen
- Sunscreen is the most important part of skincare.
- However, everyone can accept the fact that it is very greasy.
- This can leave residue on the skin which can cause clogged pores and with those blackheads as well as whiteheads.
- Choosing sunscreen which is non-greasy and also oil-free can help form a protective layer whilst protecting the skin from damage.
- Most times, not cleansing the face in the right way can cause problems like acne and blackheads.
- You must choose a cleanser that best suits your skin type.
- Make sure you cleanse twice every day for the best results.
- Exfoliate the skin twice every week in order to remove black as well as whiteheads.
- Make sure you use a mask to treat your skin problems and also to seal it.
- Add a toner to your skincare routine as it also helps in sealing the pores.
Clay Mask To Rescue
- Clay mask is miraculous.
- They can treat so many skin problems by just a single application.
- It helps in absorbing excess oil from the skin which clogs the pores and causes acne as well as blackheads.
- It also works like a gentle exfoliator which removes impurities out of the face.
To make your clay mask for blackheads you will need:
- 3 tablespoons bentonite clay
- 2 tbsp of Water and
- 4-5 drops of Lavender oil
- Take a bowl, mix bentonite clay, water and lavender oil it.
- Mix all the ingredients really well.
- Cleanse your face using a mild cleanser and pat the skin dry.
- Apply this mask onto your face and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Use water to rinse the mask off and pat the skin dry.
- Finish by applying a moisturizer.
- Use this mask 1-2 times a week for best results.
- Retinoid is derived from vitamin A and is a trusted ingredient to improve acne.
- Retinol is known to increase skin cell turnover whilst improving the collagen in the skin.
- You can get a retinoid on prescription from any local drug store.