Homemade Bath Powder For Skin Brightening
Our skin is our biggest organ, but we never show it that much love it deserves.
No matter how religiously you follow the regular CTM regime for your facial skin, you hardly take the same care of your skin in other parts of your body. Also, you choose to use commercial beauty products without even giving it a second thought, and now and then expose your body’s skin to harmful chemicals.
One such common skincare product is bath soap, which we all use to clean our body if not our face.
But have you ever thought that a chemical-charged product that is not suitable for your face could be suitable for the rest of your skin?
Well, the truth is, you can always replace a bar of soap with homemade herbal bath powder to take care of your skin.
- Green grams – 100 gms
- Chickpeas – 100 gms
- Rice – 1 tablespoon
- Fuller’s earth (Multani mitti) – 50 gms
- Wild Turmeric – 1 teaspoon
- White turmeric – 1 teaspoon
- Indian gooseberry – 1 tablespoon
- Fenugreek (methi) seeds – 2 teaspoons
- Neem leaves – 1 tablespoon
- Holy Basil (Tulsi) leaves – 1 tablespoon
- Orange or lemon peels – 1 tablespoon
- Rose petals – 2 tablespoons
- Almonds – 9 to 10 nuts
- If using fresh ingredients, start with sun-drying all of them. But you’re going to have to sun-dry only green gram, rice, and chickpeas if you’re using other ingredients in a dry state. Grains can also be toasted in a tablespoon of pure ghee for a more captivating aroma.
- When done with the sun-drying procedure, grind each of them separately in smooth or slightly coarse powders.
- Now, in a large mixing bowl, take all the powdered ingredients and blend them well together.
- Just make sure there’s no lump in the mixture. Your very own herbal bath powder is ready!
How do I use Bath Powder?
- Mix the required amount of the bath powder you can take about 3 tablespoons of it and mix it with a little water or milk and form a thick, and spreadable paste.
- You can also use curd or tomato juice or lemon juice or honey to blend with bath powder.
- Dampen the skin properly.
- Apply the paste generously to your entire skin and gently scrub with your fingertips in a small circular motion.
- Leave it on your skin for the next 10 minutes to absorb all the essential nutrients and aroma of the paste.
- Finally, wash it away with lukewarm water.
Benefits Of Using Bath Powder:
1. Helps Remove the Dead Cells:
Green gram flour, chickpea flour, and rice flour due to having coarse texture it is an excellent exfoliator, which keeps the skin clean and healthy by removing dead cells, dirt, dust, and all other impurities.
2. Reduces excess oils
Both chickpea flour and Fuller’s soil can control the production of sebum on the skin.
They also help remove excess oil from the skin, keeping it fresh and lively.
3. It Helps Fades Marks and Scars
Orange or lemon peels, rose petals and neem leaves are highly effective at reducing marks or scars, due to having a high level of vitamin C and brightening properties.
Fenugreek seeds, which are mostly used to bind all the ingredients together in a mixture by creating a sticky texture, can also help in the same way.
4. Nourishes Skin Deeply
Almond contains an extremely nutritious oil rich in vitamin E, which provides intense nourishment to the skin and keeps it properly moisturized.
5. Makes Skin Baby Soft
Fenugreek has amazing skin softening and plumping properties that can make your skin as soft and supple as a baby.
Apart from that it also improves the texture and the feel of the skin by making it smoother.
6. Keeps aging in the Bay
Turmeric and wild turmeric present in bath powder come packed with antioxidant properties.
They fight harmful free radicals to protect your skin from oxidative damage and prevent the signs of premature aging.
7. Helps removes Sun Tan
Citrus fruits like lemon and orange are great to provide the skin with wonderful sun protection, and the orange or lemon peels it helps remove the suntan.
Your suntans will be lightened over time and your skin tone will become even brighter and even-toned with the regular use of this bath powder.
8. Brightens the skin tone
Shielding your skin from damaging sun, orange or lemon peels also lightens and brightens your skin to a large extent.
All thanks to their high content of vitamin C.