Many of us often face uneven skin discolouration around the mouth and it is a common problem. This discolouration is known as pigmentation. In fact, it is most common amongst Indian skin tones because of the Indian climate. There are various reasons that lead to discoloration in different parts of the skin and the main reason behind this is sun exposure among others.
In this article, I am going to share with you some effective DIY’s that can help you reduce the pigmentation around your mouth.
1st Treatment – Oatmeal scrub
- Tomato juice
- Olive oil
- All you need is 1 tablespoon of each oatmeal, tomato juice, and olive oil to prepare this scrub.
- Apply the DIY scrub on your clean face and massage it gently, leave it for 5 minutes, and rinse it off with cold water.
Oatmeal works wonders by helping you maintain lighter and brighter skin naturally.
By scrubbing away dead skin cells and trapped impurities, it helps impart an even skin tone.
Oats face scrub helps to rejuvenate the skin and speeds up the process of circulation, tightens it, and cleanses the whole face as well.
In order to eliminate impurities, dead epidermis cells, and impurities from the skin pores, this face scrub is also helpful.
2nd Treatment – Papaya
- Using raw papaya slices and rose water, you basically make a thick mask.
- Apply the mask and let it sit for 30 minutes on your skin.
- With cold water, wash it off.
Papayas, rich in vitamins A and C, allow the area around your mouth to become even and bright. It is rich in soothing enzymes that can help to cure or soothe irritated skin with sunburns. It is also used to enhance skin tone by decreasing dark spots and blemishes as a home remedy.
3rd Treatment – Turmeric
- Mix the turmeric powder and the rose water in a bowl to prepare this mask and add the mask to the dark patches around your mouth.
- Keep it on before rinsing with lukewarm water for 10-15 minutes.
Not only does Turmeric treat hyperpigmentation, but it also decreases the development of fine lines and wrinkles.
By minimizing the presence of scars, you’ll be pleased to know that Turmeric benefits the skin.
The key active ingredient found in Turmeric that has good antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects is curcumin.
It is curcumin that helps to decrease excess melanin development, which in turn lightens scars and holds the skin tone even.
4th Treatment – Lemon juice
- All you need to do is cut a lemon into halves, take one half, and gently rub it for around 10-15 minutes around your mouth area.
- With a rinse, finish it off.
The citric acid found in lemon juice helps prevent dark skin cells from occurring and cures dark spots.
This is why, when it comes to whitening the skin naturally, lemon juice is one of the best remedies.
- If you have sensitive skin, then you can take 1 tablespoon of lemon with 1 tablespoon of rosewater or normal water. Apply the solution and let it sit for 30 minutes on your skin.
- Wash it off with normal water.
To lighten your face, you can use lemon juice.
This is due to vitamin C, which is a strong antioxidant, being high in concentration. This implies that to treat acne damage, dark spots, freckles, and other types of hyperpigmentation, a humble lemon can be used. By reducing melanin, the vitamin C in lemon juice lightens the skin.
5th Treatment – Potato
- By slicing a medium-sized potato into two and massaging it gently around your mouth in circular movements, get rid of those dark patches around your mouth.
- Massage it for 30 minutes and then rinse with water.
The bleaching properties infused with potatoes help eliminate the pigmentation of the skin and function best on sensitive skin.
For skin lightening, potato juice is excellent.
Potatoes have mild bleaching properties that help reduce the development of melanin, reduce hyperpigmentation, and lighten the color of the skin.
Potato has vitamin C that boosts the production of collagen and helps to retain elasticity in the skin.