Keeping your feet soft and moisturized can be as easy as applying a lotion or a balm every night.
However, ignore the pricey store-purchased items that are packed with toxins.
We’re talking about lotions that use raw, skin-loving ingredients to make your feet look good but also feel good.
- 2 tablespoons of shea butter
- 1 tablespoon of sweet almond oil
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin coconut oil
- Peppermint Essential Oil (Optional)
- Combine and melt the coconut and almond oils with the shea butter.
- Add 2 tablespoons of shea butter in a microwave-safe tub and add 1 tablespoon of sweet almond oil to add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin coconut oil, and add 1 tablespoon of Vaseline.
- Microwave all the ingredients for 1 to 2 minutes before they are fully melted.
- Take the bottle out of the microwave and let the mixture cool down to room temperature.
- Attach the essential oil of the peppermint and let the mixture solidify.
- Add the essential oil in 7 or 8 drops of peppermint. Since essential oils are highly volatile, any heat would make them ineffective.
- It is, therefore, necessary to allow the other ingredients to cool down fully before adding the essential oil.
- Stir well to mix the peppermint oil in the cream.
- Enable the ingredients to be fully solidified.
- For fast results, it can be put in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes to solidify.
- Whisk the blend and store it in a tin can for daily use.
- Use a hand blender to whip up the solidified mixture until it transforms into a frothy soup.
- Move the cream to a shallow tin for storage.
- To use this cream, put it on your feet every night in front of your bed, & also you can cover it with socks to make sure they’re soaking in your feet overnight.
- If you want complete pampering, then we would suggest using a foot spa followed by a pedicure foot file method on your heels and eventually applying your homemade cracked heel cream.
- For best performance, use your cracked heel cream on your legs every day to keep your heels soft and smooth. It will also help avoid drying and cracking.
Coconut oil, particularly extra-virgin, is packed with healthy fatty acids that penetrate easily into the skin.
Its antibacterial and anti-fungal properties can also help you to treat and avoid any foot infections.
Shea butter is rich in vitamins E and A that are great for the maintenance of healthy skin.
Sweet almond oil can also help relax and deeply moisturize the skin to avoid dry and cracking heels.
The essential oil of peppermint leaves a cooling feeling on your feet, relaxes the sore muscles, and prevents any discomfort.
It is also an effective antibacterial that helps prevent infections of the skin.
If you have overly sweaty feet, the addition of peppermint oil to your foot care routine is a must.
Vaseline provides a sealing barrier that locks in moisture to help rehydrate dry skin.
It also helps to shield the heels from more dryness and cracking.
Try this before bed to help replenish the moisture and to support and protect the skin’s natural regeneration process as you sleep.