Do Parlour Style Manicure At Home
Every woman would always crave to have perfectly shaped and well-polished healthy nails.
Visiting a nail salon to get your manicure done involves spending a lot of your time and bucks.
But, you can now easily do manicure at your homes and style your nails based on your preferences.
In this article, we are going to see how to do parlour-style manicure at home.
Step #1. Remove Your Current Nail Polish
To remove nail polish from your nails, you will need
- Any nail polish remover and
- A few cotton pads
- Take a few drops of the nail polish remover in the cotton pads.
- Wipe the cotton on your nails until the nail polish gets removed completely without any stains.
- Clean your nails well using the cotton pad and you are good to go.
- Wash your hands well with running cold water and pat dry it with a clean towel.
Step #2. Trim And File Your Nails
- Use the nail cutter and trim your nails based on the length you require for.
- Make sure that you do not cut your cuticles.
- Next, use a nail file to shape your nails either into a square or round shape.
- Do nail filing in one direction to obtain the perfect shape.
Step # 3. Buff Your Nails
- Use a nail buffer and buff the tops and sides of your nails and you are good to go.
Step #4. Soak Your Hands
To soak your hands, you will need
- 1 small bathtub filled with lukewarm water
- A few drops of any baby shampoo or castile soap and
- A few drops of fresh lime juice
- Add a few drops of any baby shampoo or castile soap and fresh lime juice into the small bath tub filled with lukewarm water.
- Stir the water solution well using your hands.
- Do not take too hot water as it will damage your skin cells.
- Soak your hands in the bathtub and leave it for 15 minutes.
- This will cleanse and soften your hands and nails.
- Take your hands out from the soapy lukewarm water.
Step #5. Exfoliate
To exfoliate your hands, you will need
- 1 nail brush
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar and
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin coconut oil
- You can also use other oils like vitamin E oil, olive oil or sweet almond oil as a substitute for coconut oil.
- Take a clean mixing bowl and add the granulated sugar and coconut oil into it.
- Use a spoon and blend the ingredients well to make a fine scrub.
- Take a tadbit of the scrub and apply it all over your hands.
- Scrub your hands, nails gently using the nail brush for 2 minutes.
- Rinse your hands well with running water and pat dry it with a clean towel.
- Use this scrub 2 to 3 times per week regularly to get smooth, brighter hands.
This scrub is very effective in removing all the dead skin cells in your cuticles and nails.
It can make your nails be free from any impurities.
Step #6. Moisturize Your Hands
For this you can use any regular moisturizing lotion
- Take a dollop of any regular moisturizing lotion in your palm.
- Rub the lotion against your palms and apply it all over your hands to prevent dryness.
Step #7. Push The Cuticles Back
To push back cuticles, you will need
- 1 cuticle stick
- After moisturizing, use a cuticle stick and gently push the cuticles in your nails back.
- You can also apply a few drops of any cuticle oil to nourish your nails and cuticles with essential nutrients.
Step #8. Apply Nail Paint
For applying base coat on your nails:
- Take any nail base coat of your choice and apply it to your nails to prevent nail chipping.
- Wait for 2 minutes until the base coat dries up on your nails.
- Now choose any nail color of your choice and paint your nails with it
- You should apply at least 2 coats of nail polish on your nails to get a perfect look.
- Finally, apply the topcoat enamel to get a glossy look.
- Take a clean cotton pad and rub it around the edges of your nails.
This will remove the wobbly edges and any mistakes around your nails to achieve a perfect finish on your nails.