A proper skin care and routine is the major secret for a soft, supple and glowing skin. But, are you sure that all the rules that you follow are beneficial to your skin? A small skin care mistake that you do could damage your skin very seriously. And you start looking for a skin solution without knowing its actual cause.
In this article, we are going to see 10 most common skin care mistakes that can damage our skin.
#1. Using Unsuitable skin products
- Each one of us have a different skin type and their properties will obviously differ from one to the other.
- You might be using a product which is formulated for another skin type.
- This can literally spoil the overall health and appearance of your skin.
- So, knowing your skin type and using the products that could satisfy your skin’s need is very essential to have a healthy skin.
#2. Going to bed without removing makeup
- Any makeup products which you apply on your face will contain at least a small amount of chemical component in it.
- So, leaving such products to stay on your face for the entire night can cause product buildups and clogged pores in your skin.
- You should always wash your face very well and remove all the makeup on your face before going to sleep.
#3. Not exfoliating your skin regularly
- Exfoliation refers to the process of removing all the impurities, build ups, dead skin cells from your skin region.
- Your dull skin gets removed and the new skin cells start regenerating which will make your face to be clean, clear and bright.
- But, not exfoliating your skin can make all those impurities to get accumulated in your skin.
- This will in turn make your face appear very dull, dark and unattractive.
- So, prefer using any natural scrubs and exfoliate your skin regularly.
#4. Exfoliating your skin excessively
- Though exfoliation is important, it is important to know the appropriate frequency to do the process.
- Exfoliating your skin every day can damage the natural quality and texture of your skin.
- Your skin’s ability to fight against the infectious agents will get reduced eventually.
- This also increases the possibilities for sun damage and premature wrinkles in your skin.
- It is always advised to exfoliate your skin 2 to 3 times per week with regular intervals.
#5. Forgetting to wear sunscreen while going out
- Premature aging effects in skin mostly occurs when your skin gets over exposed to the harmful UV rays from the sun.
- Many studies have proven that 90% of the aging effects are occurred due to this.
- This also slows down your skin’s healing process.
- Applying enough amount of sunscreen whenever you go out during the day times can prevent your skin from such sun effects.
- The best way to get rid of premature wrinkles is to wear sunscreen during all the times including rainy, cloudy, outdoor and indoor days.
#6. Using hot or too cold water for washing your face
- Whenever you rinse your face, you must only use water around lukewarm to warm temperature.
- Using hot or too cold water on your facial skin can affect the skin cells present in your facial region.
- Also, it flushes away all the essential natural oils present in your face which will lead to excessive dryness.
- And after using warm water, remember to use cold water in order to close the open pores present in your face.
#7. Not using an appropriate toner solution
- pH balance is an essential component for each and every individual to make your skin get prepared for any process.
- Toner solution will help your skin to restore the pH balance in your skin.
- This can help you to get rid of many skin problems like dryness, itchiness, irritations and rashes.
- Always look for an alcohol-free toner and use it on your face after cleansing it.
#8. Not moisturizing your skin regularly
- As a plant needs water to grow, moisturizing is very essential for our skin to stay healthy and strong.
- When you don’t moisturize regularly, your skin will become dry, dehydrated and your skin cells will get damaged.
- The premature aging effects will start appearing on your face very soon.
- Prefer applying any alcohol-free moisturizer every day on your face after using a toner.
#9. Going to sleep without applying any skincare products
- All your makeup products will obviously contain a small amount of compounds which could offer some negative effects.
- So, wearing them for the entire day can make your skin lose some of its natural properties.
- Applying any night cream, mask or a serum before going to sleep can make your face look fresh while waking up.
- Also, it helps your skin restore its natural properties without any ill effects.
#10. Forgetting to wash your face after taking a shower
- Washing your face does not really have any timelines or limits.
- You can do it whenever you require it.
- But when you take a shower, you tend to use some hair care products which contains some paraben and other chemical components.
- Such components are highly harmful to your facial skin.
- So when you wash your hair, there are many chances for those components to get settled on your facial skin.
- These buildups will eventually cause clogged pores, irritations, rashes, redness and acne infections on your face.
- So, it’s a must to wash your wash using any mild cleanser after taking a shower to prevent such skin damages.