Correct Order To Apply Skin Care Products
June 9, 2021 Written by GP Team
Using all the essential skin care products regularly on your face is very important to maintain healthy and glowing skin.
But, often we are confused with the correct order of using the skin care products on our face.
In this article, we are going to share the correct order to apply skin care products on your face.
Step #1. Cleanser
- Use any mild face cleanser suitable for your skin type and wash your face thoroughly with cold water.
- If you have acne-prone skin, then you can use a salicylic acid based face cleanser.
- Use oil cleanser for dry skin and clay cleanser for oily skin.
- If you have normal skin, then feel free to try any cleanser on your face.
- Cleansing can remove all the dirt, dust, pollutants and other impurities on your face.
- It can make your face free from clogged pores and help you to appear with a clean, clear and bright skin tone.
Step #2. Toner
- The next skin care product to be used is toner.
- Apply any readymade toner or natural toner based on your skin type.
- If your skin is acne-prone, then apply salicylic acid based face toner.
- For dry skin, you can use glycerin based and aloe vera gel is the best for mature skin.
- You can use witch hazel for oily skin and any citric acid based toner for normal skin.
- A toner helps in balancing the pH levels in your skin.
- It also helps in shrinking all the open pores on your face and hydrates it with the appropriate moisture content.
Step #3. Serum
- After toning, apply a good amount of any serum that suits your skin type.
- Use water-based serums on oily skin and oil-based serums on dry skin.
- You can also use serums specifically made for acne if you have acne-prone skin.
- Applying Morning serum after toning, can brighten your skin and make it appear fresh.
- The serum can also treat and prevent your face from further acne and other skin problems.
Step #4. Moisturizer
- After that, apply any non-comedogenic moisturizer all over your face.
- If you have oily skin, then use an oil-free moisturizer.
- Use a hydrating moisturizer for dry skin and fragrance-free moisturizer for sensitive skin.
- Moisturizing cream will prevent your face from dryness.
- It can also make your skin soft, smooth and healthy by nourishing it with the essential nutrients.
Step #5. Sunscreen
- The final skin care product to be used on your face is sunscreen.
- You should always look for a sunscreen with an SPF greater than 30 to protect your face from the common skin problems.
- Apply this lotion all over your face whenever you go out.
- This can prevent your skin from sun tan, sunburns, spots and other sun damage.