Younger looking skin is very difficult to achieve. With the amount of pollution and dirt that exist in the surrounding, the skin getting damaged and aged has become a very common phenomenon. However, following a proper routine can help in keeping the skin healthy and young.
In today’s article, we will be sharing a bedtime routine following which, you can get a younger-looking skin within no time.
Step #1 Oil Cleansing
- The first thing to do before going to bed is to remove your makeup.
- We wear makeup the whole day hence it is important to remove it in the night to prevent clogging and skin damage.
- An oil cleanser helps in removing the makeup as most makeup are oil-based.
- It helps in removing the makeup easily without any harsh rubbing.
Step #2 Double Cleansing
- Once the makeup is off your face, it is important to provide your skin with a deep cleanse.
- Opt for a cleanser which best suits your skin type to prevent damage.
- You can buy a cleaner available in the market or you can opt for ingredients like strawberries or papaya for a homemade cleanser.
- Just apply the cleanser on your skin, massage for 1-2 minutes and use lukewarm water to rinse it off.
The third step in the bedtime skincare routine is toning.
- A toner helps in balancing the pH while evening the skin tone out.
- Add ingredient like vitamin E and essential oil which improves the blood circulation for a faster repair.
- The toner penetrates the skin and repairs the damage from the roots.
- Its hydration will make the skin appear plump and young.
Step #4. Mask
Not to be followed every day, but a mask can rejuvenate the skin and make it appear young and clear.
For younger-looking skin, the ingredient that I trust the most is the clay powder.
To make your homemade clay mask, you will need:
- 2 teaspoons bentonite clay
- 4-5 drops of rosehip oil and
- 2 teaspoons of water
- Take a clean glass bowl, add bentonite clay, rosehip oil and water in it.
- Mix well to make a paste out of it.
- Apply this mask on a cleansed face and let it sit for 10-20 minutes.
- Use warm water to rinse the mask off and pat the skin dry.
- Finish by applying a light moisturizer over it.
- Use this mask twice every week for best results.
Bentonite clay removes excess oil from the skin whilst cleansing the impurities.
It contains skin brightening properties which helps in fading dark spots and pigmentation.
Rosehip oil improves blood circulation which rejuvenates the skin from within.
Step #4. Serum
- The serum is an elixir which solves all the skin problem.
- Its formula targets problematic zones and repairs them from the roots.
- Opt for the serum which targets ageing signs or one which rejuvenates it.
- Its thin consistency allows it to seep into the pores for faster repair.
- Make sure you use it in the night as the body goes into a repair mode during that time.
Step #5. Moisturizer
The last step, however, one that should never be skipped is moisturizing.
- A moisturizer helps in hydrating the skin and providing it with enough hydration.
- An under-nourished skin can age quickly hence using a moisturizer will stop that from happening.
- Opt for a moisturizer which provides enough hydration without clogging the pores.