Bloating is becoming a common problem for a lot of people. The eating and lifestyle habits are causing major discomfort in the intestine which in turn causes bloating.
In this article, we will be sharing 8 home remedies that you can use to prevent bloating and abdomen discomfort.
Remedy#1 – Go For a Walk
- Physical inactivity most of the time causes the feeling of bloating.
- While exercise is not a good option after eating a meal, walking can help in releasing discomfort and also feeling of bloating.
- Taking a half an hour walk can help release gas and also fasten the digestives.
- Physical activity also improves the bowel moment and makes it regular.
Remedy#2 -Peppermint Capsules
- These capsules work like a gem in cases of indigestion.
- Peppermint relaxes the intestines and allows gas and stool to pass easily.
Remedy#3 – Abdominal Massage
Massing the abdomen also helps in regularizing the bowel moment.
All you have to do in order to massage your abdomen is:
- Begin by placing the hands just above the right hip bone.
- Gently rub the area in a circular motion with light pressure.
- Take your hands up toward the right side of the ribcage.
- Follow straight across the upper belly area toward the left rib cage.
- Slowly move down towards the left hip bone.
- Repeat till you experience relief.
Remedy#4 -Take a warm bath
Taking a bath using hot water can help in releasing gas from the abdomen.
It also releases the abdomen from soreness.
Sometimes the GI tract functions ineffectively causing the bloating feeling.
Relaxation can reduce the stress levels, which allow the GI tract to function more effectively.
- To draw your warm bath, you can fill up your bathtub with warm water.
- Add 4-5 drops of lavender oil and some bath salts in it.
- You can also choose to make it a bubble bath.
- Soak yourself in this for 30-40 minutes to relax your body.
- You must add a warm bath in your shower routine twice every week in order to relax your abdomen as well as the entire body.
Remedy#5 – Food Choices
- Food choice can decide a lot for your intestines health.
- Eating food that is extremely oily can add unnecessary cholesterol and fat that can cause discomfort.
- Eating spicy food can also inflame the intestines causing problems like IBS, IBD and inflammation.
- Add a lot of fibres to your diet to keep your intestine working efficiently.
Remedy#6 – Probiotics
- Probiotics also help digestion while reducing excessive gas.
- Probiotics are live microorganisms, which are very similar to the bacteria found in the gut.
- You can add probiotics in the form of Yogurt, Kefir, Tempeh, Kimchi or Sauerkraut
- Probiotic decreases abdominal pain for people with irritable bowel.
Remedy#7 – Yoga
- Certain yoga poses are invented in such a way that it puts a little pressure on the abdomen causing it to release gas.
- Poses like Child’s Pose, Happy Baby Pose, and squats can all help people to relieve gas and bloating.
- However, make sure to give a good gap between eating and performing yoga.
Remedy#8 – Quit Chewing Gums
- While you chew the gum, you also swallow air which can fill up in the intestine.
- The sweetener can also cause pain in the intestines.
- One can replace chewing gum with peppermint fresheners instead.