Hyperpigmentation is a very common skin condition that is characterized by dark spots on your skin.
These spots appear darker than the usual color of your skin.
Hyperpigmentation occurs due to the excessive development of melanin, a pigment that gives color to your skin.
Usually, too much exposure to the sun induces hyperpigmentation in areas such as your face, legs, and arms.
While hyperpigmentation is harmless, it can affect your outer appearance.
There are different cosmetic products available on the market that claim to treat this disorder, but you can never be sure of their efficacy.
So, we recommend you look for natural ways to reduce the presence of dark spots.
1. Turmeric and gram flour mask
- 2 tablespoons of gram flour
- 1 tablespoon of raw milk
- Rose water
- Some grated orange peels
- A pinch of turmeric
- Take one bowl and just mix two tablespoons of gram flour, a tablespoon of thick raw milk, chilled rose water, some orange peel, and a pinch of turmeric.
- Mix it all and then wash your face, you can also exfoliate your skin.
- Keep the mask on for 20 minutes and clean gently with a wet cotton ball before washing with cold water.
One of the oldest homemade hyperpigmentation treatments, a mask made of turmeric and gram flour, is an excellent anti-suntan solution that also prevents freckles and dark spots.
2. Tomato Mask
- Tomato Puree
- Fresh Aloe vera
- Masoor dal
- In a bowl, soak a tablespoon of masoor dal in water for 20-30 minutes and grind into a paste.
- Add a tablespoon of fresh purée of tomatoes and aloe vera gel and blend well.
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser. You can also steam your face prior to this.
- Apply to your face, leave on for 20-30 minutes, and wash off with cold water.
A natural suntan removal mask made up of masoor dal, tomato, and aloe vera is the way forward for skin washing, rejuvenation, and brightening.
3. Buttermilk and Oatmeal
- Take a bowl and add 2 tbsp of oatmeal; add 2-3 tbsp of buttermilk.
- Wait for about 5 minutes so that the oatmeal can soak the buttermilk and become thick.
- Wash your face and then apply the mask on your face; wait for about 20 minutes, and then you can wash your face with normal water.
Buttermilk contains lactic acid and enhances the texture of the skin.
The oatmeal is a natural exfoliator.
A combination of these two ingredients is great for removing hyperpigmentation.
- Lemon Juice
- Rose Water
- Soak 5-6 almonds overnight and grind them coarsely. Alternatively, you can soak almonds in rose water itself.
- Add rose water and a few drops of lemon juice and mix all the ingredients well.
- Wash your face and apply the mask using your fingers.
- And leave it on for about 15-20 minutes.
- Lastly, gently clean and wash your face and pat it dry.
Almonds are not only good for your health, but they are also good for your skin.
Almonds are high in vitamin E and can combat skin tan and other skin problems.
5. Green Tea
- Green tea bag
- Lemon Juice
- Brew 1 green tea bag and let it cool down.
- Once completely cool, transfer it to a spray bottle and add a few drops of lemon juice, apply it on your face, let it stay for 10 minutes, and wash off.
- Washing is not necessary; you can apply your skincare on top of the green tea.
If you’re looking for a hyperpigmentation treatment at home, green tea is your option!
You’ve got to have it in your weight loss goals already, right?
As you know, green tea is rich in antioxidants, strengthens skin cells, and reduces the tan of the skin.
It has a cooling effect, too. Green tea is also used to remove dark circles under your eyes and is a gentle scrub.
Rich in important antioxidants and phytochemicals, such as polyphenols and caffeine, green tea is very common with health enthusiasts.
Aside from its many nutritional benefits, green tea has an extensive list of skin and hair care benefits.