When it comes to pores, having a healthy skincare routine is the best thing you can do to make them look smaller and closed.
Though pore size is genetic, there are some things you can do to make your face look bright and youthful.
Cleansing Your Face
Try the oil cleansing method.
For oily skin type:
- Mix 1 teaspoon of castor oil and 2 teaspoons of jojoba oil.
For combination skin type:
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of castor oil and 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
For dry skin type:
- Mix 1/4 teaspoon of castor oil and 2 teaspoons of coconut or olive oil.
It is becoming increasingly popular to substitute soap with oil as a facial cleanser.
It might sound counter-intuitive to use oil to wash your face, but it’s actually very powerful.
The oil attaches to the natural oils of your skin and gently washes away the dirt, sweat, oil, and makeup without the need for harsh chemicals.
Only smooth it over your skin and use a wet washcloth to clean it off with a circular motion.
Pores are oil-producing hair follicle openings, and their size is basically dictated by the genes, which ensures that it cannot be permanently altered.
- Wash your face every single night before you go to sleep.
Going to bed still wearing makeup, as well as any dirt and particles that might have been accumulated on your face during the day time is a sure way to clog your pores.
- Make a habit of washing your face every night so that your pores are less likely to get clogged.
- Cleanse your face with warm water to prevent scratching the skin.
- Splash your face with cold water after cleansing.
This will make your pores look smaller.
- Dry your face with a clean towel.
Exfoliate every few days:
- Fine sugar
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- In a cup, mix 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Mix thoroughly and add to your face, making sure you massage it when doing so.
- Let it soak for 30 minutes, then wash off with a wash of the face and warm water.
Thanks to the clearing properties of the lemon and the nourishing olive oil, this scrub leaves the skin clean and pampered.
Lemon juice contains natural enzymes that help to tighten and firm the face while it is also purifying and brightening the skin naturally.
If you have sensitive skin, use a hand moisturizer just to make sure that the citrus does not break you out.
In particular, lemon has the potential to cleanse and reduce the presence of pores.
Dead skin cells build up on the surface of your skin, mix with sweat and dirt, and end up clogging your pores.
Exfoliating your skin regularly stops your pores from being clogged too easily.
The effect would be closed, small-looking pores, as opposed to clogged pores that look wide and open.
Do some steam therapy.
This is a perfect way to open your pores so you can get rid of the tiny plugs of dead skin and dirt that make them look wide and open.
Next, wash your face with a gentle cleanser to remove dirt and makeup (otherwise, the steam will push them deeper into your pores).
- Heat a pot of water until it starts steaming, then hold your face over it and drape a towel over your head.
- Let the steam bathe your face for 3 to 5 minutes, then rinse your face with cool water.
- Steaming your face will help open up your pores, allowing them to become unclogged.
- After rinsing, you get rid of the dirt, leaving your pores fresh and clean. Use cool water to close the pores.
Follow this simple 3 step routine regularly to reduce the large pore issues.