If you have acne prone skin, have tried many things but nothing works, give a try to Vicks vaporub and I’m sure you will get relief. Many people still don’t believe that Vicks vaporub can treat acne, but believe me, it can. You will start to see its effect in just one night only.
Vicks vaporub is an effective solution and moreover an effective treatment to get rid of acne problems as it swells the pimples and face wrinkles and provides relaxation if it is regularly applied for one week.
In many cases vicks vaporub has worked as a miracle, just apply it on acne before going to bed and when you wake up, acne is gone. Vicks vaporub work equally well on all types of acne. Even if you have painful cystic acne too you can use this remedy. Vicks vaporub is good for red spots and blemishes too.
How to apply Vicks vaporub on acne
1. All you need is Vicks VapoRub and cotton
2. Dip the cotton into the jar and scoop out a tiny amount (just enough to cover the affected area)
3. Smear the ointment over the area (treat it as you would a topical acne medication)
What causes acne?
- It leads to a breakout if the pores get clogged.
- Excessive stress may lead to acne.
- Exposure to dirt and pollution leads to acne.
- A breakout is on the way if your skin produces too much oil.
- Bacteria build-up can lead to acne.
- A sudden hormonal imbalance causes acne.
- High-sugar consumption leads to acne.
- Talk to your doctor before taking any pills, as certain medications cause acne.
- You may have inherited an acne-prone skin from your ancestors.
- A sedentary lifestyle and unhealthy food habits will cause acne to break out.
Precautions that you can take to prevent acne
- If you have acne-prone skin then do not touch your face every now and then.
- Use lukewarm water to wash your face, refrain from using warm water as it will dry out your skin and aggravate acne.
- Always cleanse your face gently with fingertips, do not use harsh cleansing tools on your face.
- Use a moisturizer according to your skin type, even if you have oily skin, you must apply a moisturizer to keep your skin nourished.
- Avoid using over the counter drugs and ointments for acne. Consult a doctor, find the root of the problem and then buy only prescribed drugs or ointments to cure acne.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day to keep your body hydrated, besides that, drinking a lot of water will help you to eliminate harmful toxins naturally.
- Do not step out in the sun without using a sunscreen lotion, scarf, umbrella, and sunglasses to keep your skin protected.
- Do not scratch over or pop out active acne or pimple. It will push the infection to the deeper layers of your skin to make matters worse.
How does Vicks Vaporub work on Acne?
In this section, we will look at the ingredients which make up the Vicks vaporub to try to decipher why and how it can be effective in treating acne and getting rid of them. First ingredient up is:
- Camphor: Camphor is a white-colored substance which looks and feels like wax but it’s not. It has a very specific and recognizable smell. It is known to help with coughing by soothing it that is why it is used in this. Moreover, it has been known to help with some skin issues and also fight against infections. Its anti-inflammatory properties enable it to be effective in calming down acne and subsequently getting rid of them. However, it is not to be ingested or applied on broken skin so be aware and careful of that.
- Menthol: Menthol is another cooling and anti-inflammatory agent and it also provides the vaporub with its distinctive and pungent smell. The cooling and anti-inflammatory effects of menthol help calm down the irritated skin due to the acne that is how it can help with the pimples. Furthermore, menthol enhances the skin’s ability to absorb nutrients so it helps a bit that way too.
- Eucalyptus oil: Eucalyptus oil has potent anti-bacterial properties hence it can eliminate any bacteria and other harmful microbes which ma result in outbreaks on your skin. Do not use it by itself though as it can be quite harsh on the skin and lead to irritation and even burning sensations. So, just use it in the Vicks vaporub as it is diluted there.
- Cedar Leaf oil: This is a great and healthy essential oil which can help with a number of skin issues including acne. It can help regulate the skin oils or sebum very effectively. Thus it balances the oiliness of the skin, excessiveness of which is known to lead to acne and breakouts.
- Nutmeg Oil: This is another essential oil which works wonders on the skin. It is also a potent anti-inflammatory agent which helps keep the skin clean and clear. It also helps to heal scars and blemishes by promoting the skin’s regenerative capabilities. Hence, it is quite effective in dealing with acne and the consequences which result from them.
- Petrolatum: Also known as petroleum jelly, this is the substance present in the vaporub which pulls it all together and binds all the ingredients into a cohesive unit. It is actually a type of paraffin wax. On its own, however, it is not supposed to be an effective remedy for acne as it can clog up the pores by covering up the skin. It is also not supposed to be introduced to any open wounds and can have detrimental effects on the skin too, like premature aging.
- Thymol: This is a potent antiseptic agent which provides strong healing and curative properties to the vaporub. This is a completely safe ingredient which is organically sourced from a variety of plants.
- Turpentine oil: Nobody would think to use this household utility on their skin and rightfully so. However, tiny amounts of this oil on the skin can help soothe the pain associated with skin issues like acne.