About 80% of adult acne is a continuation of acne that a person first started suffering as a teenager and for the rest 20% of the people, they had never experienced acne as a serious problem before and suddenly when they are in their 20’s, 30’s or 40’s they see it as a regular occurrence. Some of the common causes of adult acne include, Hormonal Imbalance, Stress, Polens, Pollutants and Personal care products, bad diet and too much exfoliation. In this article, I am sharing 8 very effective ways to treat acne without using any chemicals and completely naturally.
Types of Pimples
- Whiteheads – remain under the skin and are very small.
- Blackheads – clearly visible, they are black and appear on the surface of the skin. Remember that a blackhead is not caused by dirt. Scrubbing your face vigorously when you see blackheads will not help.
- Papules – visible on the surface of the skin. They are small bumps, usually pink.
- Pustules – clearly visible on the surface of the skin. They are red at their base and have pus at the top.
- Nodules – clearly visible on the surface of the skin. They are large, solid pimples. They are painful and are embedded deep in the skin.
- Cysts – clearly visible on the surface of the skin. They are painful and are filled with pus. Cysts can easily cause scars.
Natural ways to treat acne
1. Honey Cleansing in the Morning
To kill acne completely you have to remove bacteria that are present in blocked pores and for this, you can use honey as it has antibacterial properties. With slightly dampened fingers, massage about 1/2 teaspoon of raw honey over your dry face and then rinse.
2. Prepare toner for acne
— Spray your face with a mixture of 2/3 alcohol free witch hazel and 1/3 raw apple cider vinegar. The apple cider contains gentle exfoliating acids to calm acne and it balances the skin’s pH.
3. After toner apply homemade moisturizer
–Fill a 1 oz. jar with jojoba oil
–Add a few drops of carrot seed oil.
That’s it your homemade facial oil is ready, jojoba oil dissolves excess sebum without over-drying the skin, and the carrot seed oil is healing for the skin.
Just apply this moisturizer after toner
4. For fast results honey, Cinnamon and Nutmeg Spot Treatment
Mix raw honey with enough cinnamon to form a paste, add some freshly grated nutmeg. You can store this in small container and apply on your acne or you can also this as a face mask. Leave for 10-15 minutes and then wash.
5. Apply neem face pack once in a while to keep acne at bay
- Dried Neem leaf powder: 2 tablespoons
- Lemon juice: 1 tablespoon
- Steam distilled rose water: 2 tablespoons
- Face pack applicator: 1
- Add all the ingredients in a container and mix it well.
- Apply this face mask evenly all over your face.
- Wait for it to dry out.
- Splash cool water to wash it off.
- Apply a toner and moisturizer afterward.
- Apply this face mask once in a month to get crystal clear skin.
6. Use Tea tree oil to fight acne
Tea tree oil is a superb remedy to fight and get rid of acne along with many other skin problems. It has strong antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Both of these are instrumental in facing off with acne and defeating them. There have been scientific studies which have proven the acne-busting effects of tea tree oil. However, tea tree oil is quite strong so always remember to dilute it first before using it on your skin. To utilize it to fight acne, obey the following steps:
- First of all, combine 1 part tea tree oil with 9 parts of water.
- After that, use a cotton ball to soak in the solution and then apply it onto the affected areas topically.
- That is it! Finish with a moisturizer. Use this remedy a couple of times in a day to quickly be done with the pesky and unsightly acne.
7. Use green tea to get rid of your acne and pimples
Most people are aware of how good is green tea for health, but not many are aware that it can also be used topically to treat a variety of skin issues including acne. Green tea is packed with compounds and anti-oxidants which help protect the skin from harmful external agents. Moreover, it is also anti-inflammatory and has a soothing effect on the skin. There have been conclusive studies which have demonstrated that green tea can help prevent and heal acne. That is the reason that it is seeing more and more usage in commercial cosmetic products. Follow the upcoming instruction to learn how to use green tea to fight acne.
- First of all, you need to brew some green tea of course. To do that, place green tea leaves in boiling water and let it steep in there for a few minutes.
- Once the tea has been steeped, let it cool down to normal temperatures.
- After that, apply the green tea on your skin using a cotton ball or swab.
- Then, leave it on your skin for a bit. You can also leave it on overnight if you can.
- Lastly, just rinse your face and you are done! You can use this remedy up to a couple of times every day depending upon your needs and state of your breakouts.
8. Aloe Vera for acne prevention and treatment
Aloe vera is commonly known as the miracle herb and rightfully so considering the number of benefits it holds for the human body. Aloe vera is chock full of anti-oxidants which are wonderful and supportive to the skin and help shield it from damage and issues which could easily lead to a breakout. Moreover, it is great for hydrating the skin and is highly soothing towards it too courtesy of its anti-inflammatory properties. Using it is as easy as just scooping the gel out of the aloe vera leaves and then using that directly as a topical application on your acne and pimples. You can use this remedy every day to quickly get rid of all your acne and pimples.