Acne is a common problem and quite an annoying one faced by most, but there are some effective ways to deal with acne skin.
Remedy 1: Tomato-lemon mask
Acne skin needs delicate cleansing and moisturizing. This tomato mask lightly peels and mattifies the skin. Tomato has several qualities that make it a good source of treatment for various minor ailments. The acidity in tomatoes helps in reducing and clearing up your acne. Vitamin A and vitamin C are commonly found in a lot of acne medicines and tomatoes are rich in vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin K. The acidity of the lemon acts as a toner and an antiseptic on the skin. This mask is great if you suffer from acne and want to control excessive oiliness.
Ingredients you will need to make this mask:
- 1 chopped, ripe tomato
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of instant oatmeal or rolled oats.
- Puree all the ingredients in a blender.
- If mixture seems too runny add more oats.
- Apply to skin for 10 – 15 minutes and rinse with warm water.
Oatmeal face mask is good for acne prone skin. Using an oatmeal face mask will reduce irritation and redness and soothe inflamed, angry looking acne breakouts. It also pairs as a lovely gentle exfoliant when you rinse it off!
When oats combined with tomato and lemon, it will deep cleanse your skin gently and it is very effective face mask to prevent acne in future
Remedy 2: Fuller’s earth-turmeric spot treatment paste
- Fuller’s earth: 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder: 1 teaspoon
- Manuka honey: half a teaspoon
- Steam distilled rose water: 1 teaspoon
- Q-tips: 2
- Add all the ingredients in a container and mix it well to make a paste with a medium consistency.
- Dip a q-tip in this spot treatment paste.
- Apply it on the affected areas.
- Keep it overnight.
- Wash it off with normal water the next morning.
- Apply this spot treatment paste every night before going to bed until you see a visible improvement.
Fuller’s earth helps to absorb excess oil and secretion from the skin and helps to cure and prevent the occurrence of pimples and acne. It also doubles up as an exfoliator and removes dead skin cells from your skin. Turmeric is known for its anti-bacterial properties that kill pimple-causing germs. Honey is a natural moisturizer and it imparts a dewy glow to the skin and improves skin texture. Rose water hydrates the skin naturally.
Remedy 3: Use Garlic for clearing acne from your face
- Cut one garlic clove into two halves.
- Apply light pressure to ooze out garlic juice and rub it on your active acne.
- Leave it on for about 5 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Apply it every day twice until you see a visible improvement.
- Garlic juice contains sulfur, which is a natural antiseptic that fights acne-causing bacteria on your skin.
Remedy 4: Cinnamon-clove face mask
- Cinnamon powder: 2 teaspoons
- Clove powder: 1 teaspoon
- Manuka honey: 1 teaspoon
- Mix all the ingredients in an adequate proportion to make a paste with a thick consistency.
- Take a generous amount of this face mask with your face pack applicator and apply it evenly all over your face.
- Keep it on for 8-10 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water.
- Apply it every alternate day for a month to see a visible improvement.
Clove has antibacterial properties, it heals inflamed skin. Cinnamaldehyde, a chemical compound found in cinnamon helps to treat acne and stops the recurrence of acne and pimples.
Remedy 5: Cucumber Oatmeal Face Mask
- Cucumber: 1 small whole
- Oatmeal: 1 cup
- Yogurt: 1 teaspoon
- First of all, take 1 small sized cucumber and then mash it into pulp using a blender.
- After that, take the blend in a container and add 1 cup oatmeal to eat along with 1 tsp of yogurt.
- Now, apply this hence obtained face mask onto your acne-prone face thoroughly and completely.
- Lastly, let the face mask stay on your face for about half an hour before rinsing it off and you are done!
This is a great mask for countering acne breakouts as the cucumber is full of water and highly soothing and cleansing towards the skin. It is great for curbing the inflammation from the acne. Moreover, oatmeal acts as a great exfoliator to cleanse the skin and yogurt adds onto this property effectively due to it being a dairy product and contains lactic acid to dissolve impurities from the skin.
Remedy 6: Banana Honey Face Mask
- Ripe Banana: 1 whole
- Honey: 2 tbsp
- Lemon/ Orange Juice: 1 tsp
- First of all, make a mash of the banana pulp by placing it in a blender.
- After that, add 2 tbsp of honey to the blender and mix the two together well.
- Then, add in 1 tsp of lemon or orange juice to the mixture and mix them all together thoroughly.
- After that, apply the face mask onto your acne prone face for about 15 minutes.
- Lastly, rinse the face mask off using normal water and you are done! Finish with your regular moisturizer.
Banana is a great ingredient for nourishing and moisturizing the skin at the same time. It is a great all-around ingredient for the skin and when combined with honey those properties skyrocket. This particular mask is great for the oily skin as it helps cleanse off the excess oil from the face too due to the presence of hydrating and cleansing ingredients.
Remedy 7: Rose Water Lemon Face Mask
- Rose Water: 1 tbsp
- Lemon Water: 1 tsp
- First of all, take a small container and take both the ingredients in it in the required quantities.
- After that, take a cotton ball or swab or a clean cloth and use it to apply the mixture all over your acne on your face.
- Lastly, let the mask stay on your face for about 10 minutes before washing it off using normal water and dabbing dry with a clean and soft towel. You can use this remedy every single day for great effects.
Both these ingredients together are terrific. Rose water is a great hydrator of the skin and possesses potent anti-inflammatory properties to calm the skin down after the attack of acne. Lemon also helps cleanse the skin of impurities and also curbs the levels of natural oil in the skin. Consequently, it is a great ingredient for facing the attack of acne breakouts.