Today in this post, we will share one dermatologist-recommended treatment for acne and acne scars, that you can easily do at home. It’s an OTC product, that is very effective to prevent acne on your face and at the same time fade acne scars on your face.
For this treatment, you will need
- One gel-based product that contains Adapalene and benzoyl peroxide
This gel comes in different strengths, as a beginner, you should choose one that has benzoyl peroxide 2.5% and adapalene gel 0.1%. But if you have a big cyst on your face, you can also choose a cream with benzoyl peroxide strength of 5% also.
Benzoyl peroxide is very powerful to kill acne-causing bacteria and works much faster when you combine it with adapalene. Adapalene is a vitamin A derivative, that work very fast to dry up your acne and at the same time help you to lighten pigmentation and scars on your face.
Now once you have the product, let us tell you how to use it:
- You can use this cream on the affected area at night time only. Clean your face properly, let it dry completely for 10-15 minutes and then apply a small amount of this cream on the affected area.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes on your face like that, so it gets absorbed into your skin.
- After that apply a layer of moisturiser on your face. It is better to use an oil-free and fragrance-free moisturiser on your face, as it will not irritate your skin.
- Your night treatment is done here, leave it overnight on your face. When you are using this cream, make sure you never miss moisturiser and sunscreen on your face in the morning.
- In the morning wash your face. Pat dry, apply the serum on your face followed by moisturiser and sunscreen.